Chapter 26

Liz POV
I fiddled with the pen between my fingers, doodling randomly all over my book in a daze. I was in a horrible mood.
Stupid Sean Henderson.
I drew a horribly drawn stickman on my paper.
You didn't need to remind me that you don't like me back...
I scribbled on the stick man's face, drawing an ugly scowl on his face.
Looks ugly. Like stupid Sean.
"Liz! Snap out of it!" I saw a hand waving infront of me, snapping me out of my dazs.
"Huh? What?" I looked up to see Quinn, an amused look on her face.
"Class already ended! It's lunch already! " She leaned on my table, looking down at me.
"What's gotten into you today? You're awfully quiet and you keep spacing out." She looked slightly concern.
Should I tell her?
Its about time right? I mean, I've been denying these feelings for so long and forcing myself to believe that I hate Sean Henderson when in fact, I was falling for him faster than I thought I would.
Maybe telling Quinn might help lessen my frustration.
I glanced around, only to see that the classroom was filled with students chatting or playing and decided that if I wanted to tell her, we have to find somewhere private.

"I'll tell you. But we have to find somewhere where no one can hear us, okay?"
"Secrets are fun. Come on! I know a place." We walked out of the classroom. I trailed behind her, walking towards the area underneath the bleachers.
"Okay now spill." She grasp onto my hands, looking eagerly into my eyes.
"Well..." shit I was hesitating. I mean, I literally told her not to fall for Sean because of his player ways yet here I am, about to tell my best friend about my feelings for him.
"I uhh..."
"Hurry up! I'm dying of curiosity here!" She  urged, her voice still soft and low.
"I think... I like Sean."
"Sean as in Sean Henderson?!" Her eyes widened and she looked stunned and in shock.

"Keep your damn voice down Quinn...Is there any other Sean?" I was blushing so badly now that I could feel the tips of my ears turn red hot.
"But but but..."
She looked so confused and in shock. She dramatically placed a hand on her forehead.
"You said that he's a fuckboy and what not! What happened to that?"
"What happened was that I... got to know him. And I realise that there's more to him that just what we think? He's a good guy Quinn. He is. But..." my voice trailed off as I remembered what he told me this morning.
I wasn't talking about you.
Gosh... that was plain humiliating and I felt so rejected.
"But what? Don't stop there!" She asked, eagerness in her tone
"But I think he likes Stacey..." I sighed.
"Oh... yikes... that's never a good feeling." Quinn said sympathetically.
"But cheer up! There's plenty of other fishes out there for you to reel them in!" She tried to cheer me up, which worked for it brought a small smile to my face.
Maybe I should move on from Sean. It was never meant to be anyways.
"Thanks Quinn." I hugged her gratefully.
"Wanna grab some food?" She asked.
"Food cheers anyone up." She continued when she saw me hesitate.
I was afraid that I might bump into Sean there, which would just be awkward and for me at least, nerve wrecking.

I took a deep breath. "Fine then." I gave her a smile as we walked together towards the cafeteria. My spirits were lifted and my mood was better. But still, the thought of Sean still lingered.
_____________________________________
I set down my tray of food on the table, trying to get my mind of Sean.
Quinn sat infront of me, giving me a comforting smile.
"Your cupcake looks delicious." Quinn said, obviously trying to take my mind off things.
"Hold on. I forgot to tell my grandma that we need more snacks at home. Sean has been eating them all."
Quinn's eyebrows shot up.
"Wait hold on. Sean is living with you?!"
"Can you be any louder?" I shot her a glare.
"I only knew he's working at the pizzeria but you never mentioned him moving in?! How many things are you not telling me?" She narrowed her eyes.
"Fine. Yes he decided to move in because of a termite infestation or something but thats not the point. I need to call my grandma."
I quickly stood up, hoping to get away from Quinn before she murders me.

"Hello Grandma?... how's business?...I miss you too. I know you're heading out soon for grocery shopping now so can you please buy back some oreos? And pringles?... its not my fault Sean eats them all!... Thanks Grandma! I love-"
From a distance, I saw Sean entering the cafeteria, his good friend, Jake?, walking behind him.
"I'm sorry grandma but I gotta go! I'll call you soon." I said quickly before hanging up. My heart pounded wildly just from the sight of him.

He looked around the cafeteria, eyes scanning the room before they landed on me.
My eyes widened. Shit I didn't mean to make eye contact. Before I could react, he walked towards me in long, fast strides. His eyebrows slightly furrowed, giving his face a very serious look.
Was he pissed?
Why the hell is he even walking towards me?
I turned my head, only to see Stacey sitting right behind me, talking ecstatically with her friends, oblivious of whatever was happening.
Oh right.
Perhaps he was going to make his love declaration now?
Good for him.

I turned back towards Sean, eyes locking with his once more before I turned away and decided to quickly walk away. However, before I could even take two steps, I felt a tug at my wrist, strong enough to pull me back and without warning, I felt the once familiar pair of lips press against mine. My eyes widened, my breathing quickened and my heart skipped a beat.
Am... I'm getting kissed.
By Sean Henderson. The playboy who stole my first kiss.
And now he's stealing another.
This was all so familiar. The softness of his lips and how my hands are pressed up against his chest. His warm large hands cupping my cheeks, which I was sure was deep red by now. The close proximity of our bodies reminded me of the first time we kissed.
However, I didn't push him away this time. Instead, I closed my eyes and deepened the kiss, letting myself get lost in this very moment.

"You're a bad kisser." I teased as we pulled away, slightly dazed and surprised by what just happened.

"And you're a bad liar." He teased back.
" I like you Liz. Actually, its probably more than just liking. I think I might've fallen already." He was nervous, I could tell.
I laughed.
The students around us were all chattering enthusiastically, probably amused at the fact that the last time he pulled this stunt, I kicked him in his family jewels.

"I'm sorry I lied. I wasn't really thinking. I thought you didn't want me to confess and I got confused and- "  he was rambling on like an idiot and frankly, it was adorable.
I cut him off by pulling him in for another kiss, tugging him by his shirt.
I used the other hand to cup his cheek and I felt his hand snake around my waist.
Finally.