Chapter 22

Sean POV
I watched as Stacey ran away to join her friends before facing Liz once more, putting on a smirk on my face, eager to see her reaction. We immediately locked eyes and in that moment, I could've sworn I saw a flash of her in her blue eyes that I've come to lowkey adore.
Hurt? Does this mean...
Before I could overthink this, the hurt expression in her eyes was gone as fast as it came and it left me unsure whether it was only my imagination.

"Finally! you can stop pestering me! Well...Good luck for Friday!" Her smile was way too broad for my liking. My heart sank at that very moment, feeling a rush of disappointment through me.

Before I could say anything else, she had already turned around and walked away.
"Good luck on Friday for you too!" I yelled towards her.
I wanted to make her feel a least a bit of my disappointment. Instead, she just continued walking away.
My gaze lingered on her for a few more seconds before I finally managed to diverge it away.

Fuck...What is this girl doing to me?

I entered the class, still trying to figure out my thoughts before a strong pat on my back jolted me out of them.
I glanced up to see Jake.
"Hey! Didn't see you all weekend. Have you found a place to stay yet?"
I leaned back into my chair.
"Yup. But I'm not telling you. You have quite a big mouth."
I knew Liz wouldn't the entire school to know that we were living together....

"Why? What's there to say? Why so secretive?" His face lit up eagerly. He was always a sucker for secrets.
Dammit.

"Nothing." I smiled smugly at him, enjoying how he's dying to know. Before he could prod further, the teacher entered.

When school ended, I headed straight back to the Pizzeria. Grandma Summers told me that I needed to help clean up the pizzeria asap because apparently some child had his mini birthday party there and made quite a mess.
And also, kinda wanna see Liz.
Stop it Sean.

For the entire day, my thoughts have been bugging me.
Even after a whole day of school, I still couldn't come up with anything.

As I walked to the Pizzeria, I took in the familiar surroundings, trying to distract myself from these questions but to no avail.

What's with these confusing thoughts?
When they first came, I was so confused, unsure of what was even happening but after awhile, it became second nature for these confusing thoughts to pop into my head. And weirdly, they are always about Liz...

Stupid Liz.

Is it a crush?
Do I have fucking crush on Liz?
Liz Summers?
The thought of her makes my head spin and my stomach churn.
Is this what its like to catch feelings?
If thats the case, I don't like it.
Its confusing and makes me act weird.

Before I knew it, I reached the pizzeria. I headed straight for my room to put my bag down and decided I needed to go freshen up in the bathroom before I head down to help out.

Liz POV
I splashed my face with the cold water from the faucet and looked at myself in the bathroom mirror.

What even is a crush? Liking them as a person? For their personality? For their looks? Sure I like Sean. But as a friend right?
What even is liking someone? Liking their company? Well, He's funny! Its a fact. and enjoying throwing insults at someone is not really counted as enjoying their company right?
Yeah. Yeah I like Sean as friend that I like to flip off once in a while.
Thats all.

I kept mumbling and talking to myself in the mirror, something I often did when I conflicted and confused.

I was currently at home and just showered. I was preparing myself to meet Sean Henderson later on. We live under the same roof which means talking to him was inevitable and hence, I should probably convince myself that I don't have feelings for him before I unconsciously make things awkward...

As I stepped out of the bathroom, drying my hair using a towel, I was suddenly met with Sean standing right outside the door.
His face wore a shocked expression the moment the door opened, as if he didn't know I was inside.

"Were you just standing outside the bathroom door?" I cocked an eyebrow and asked, slight sass in my tone.

"Were you mumbling to yourself in there?"
He asked quizzically.

I felt my face heat up.
"What did you hear?" I stuttered.
Fuck fuck fuck. I did not need him to get any weird ideas now...

"Just my name" he said in a teasing tone, his cheeky grin showing his dimple.

My eyes widened even bigger to the size of meatballs and my face became even more red, if that was even possible.
Fuck. I'm so screwed.

"Woah. You are very red. I'm just kidding!" He laughed.

"Wait. Or were you really thinking about me back there?" His grin widened as he leaned closer towards me.

I instinctively moved backwards to avoid our face from getting too close.
"N...no?" I managed to stutter out.
"You're horrible at lying, Liz. I know because your eyes just darts around. I've noticed." He said, ending with a flirty wink.
I rolled my eyes before pushing him back with a light shove.

"Yeah? Well I always kick assholes in the nuts when I'm angry. Ever noticed that?" I smiled innocently before jerking my knee up suddenly, pretending as if I was aiming for his family jewels. He was quick to jump further away and use his hands to shield that area, a look of horror and fear on his face.

I snorted in amusement at his big reaction before walking away from him.
Yup. Definitely don't have a crush on him.