xv. sorry

"thank you so much, maisie

"thank you so much, maisie." harry heard his sister say outside his door.

"you don't have to thank me, i'm always gonna be here to help him."

harry laid in bed as they talked outside his bedroom. maisie and him had just gotten home and right after he got into bed, maisie went straight to tell gemma what had happened.

harry didn't like this, the doctor said that he had bruised a couple ribs. harry would have to leave moving to a minimum to remove the risk of messing them up any further. harry had to miss school for two weeks for them to heal. he was happy about that, but he wasn't happy about the uncomfortable pain. he wasn't happy about how it still hurt to breath. he wasn't happy about how the icepack on his side was super cold and starting to annoy him.

gemma walked into his room and they both made eye contact, "how you feeling, harry?"

harry didn't even know how to answer that question. he was feeling many different feelings at once, just not happy.

"i-i don't know really."

gemma began to cry as she walked over to harry. she hugged him softly, being careful of his ribs. harry hugged her back, "i'm sorry harry. i'm sorry i wasn't there for you. i'm sorry for not protecting you. i'm sorry for everything." she cried.

"no, gemma you don't have to apologize for anything. you did nothing wrong." he said, hugging her tighter, it hurt his side a bit but he didn't care.

since their mother, anne, was out of town for work, gemma felt completely obligated to protect harry no matter what. but harry didn't feel betrayed by gemma for what happened. harry loved gemma, he knows that he'll always love her no matter what.

"you're amazing okay? i love you so much, you did nothing wrong okay? just calm down. just calm down." he replied those last three words quietly, as he rubbed his hand up and down her back.

they laid in silence, but it a nice, calm silence. the kind of silence that you could sit in, comfortably. the type you can slowly fall asleep in.

and that's actually what they did.