lxviii. cherish

"so, what are you looking forward to doing after you graduate, louis?" anne asked louis from across the dinner table

"so, what are you looking forward to doing after you graduate, louis?" anne asked louis from across the dinner table. he looked up from his plate, it didn't take long for him to answer.

"well, i'm on the football team here, i've been on there ever since my first year of highschool, my couch believes that i can go all the way and become a professional football player. i've also been getting a ton of scholarship from different universities that want me there so, i have a ton of choices. but i want to stay close, for harry." louis said, smiling. he never really had a deep thought process of where he wanted to go. but he could never see himself leaving harry behind for months.

he looked over at harry, seeing the blush grow upon his cheeks as he gave his boyfriend an award-winning smile.

"but, i think i wanna pursue being a football player. i really love the sport and i'm really amazing at it, as far as what my teammates and coach tell me. but yeah, i really like the idea of doing that."

"well, i'm happy that you have goals set with yourself. when's your next game, maybe we can all go and support you." anne replied, excitedly.

as louis told them all the next date of his game, they all planned to go. louis grew excited for harry to go and support him.

the four all talked and asked louis questions and had a nice conversation as they finished their dinner.

louis felt a slight tap on his shoulder as he watched harry helping his sister out with the dishes. he turned to see anne, she grabbed his hand and led him to the living.

"i just want to thank you for everything," she said, looking louis in the eyes as subtle tears fell from her own.

"oh, what did i do?" louis said, confused.

"you were there for harry, you helped him, he told us everything. when he drank and you came and helped him, to when you helped get him to say who did that horrible thing to him. you've been there for him through a lot. i just want to thank you for it all because of it weren't for you, i don't think harry would be as happy as he is right now. i don't even know if he would've even told anyone about what happened to him if it weren't for you. you have made such a huge and amazing impact on my son's life and i can't thank you enough for that. please, take care of him. make sure to love and cherish him, he's a precious boy and i don't ever want him to be hurt. so please, don't hurt him. i know that he really loves you and i don't ever want to see him heartbroken." she said, crying. louis immediately took her into an embrace. louis didn't say anything until he fully calmed harry's mother down. as, he pulled away from her, he smiled to calm her nerves.

"don't worry, anne, i love harry. i wouldn't ever think to hurt harry, ever again. i will always try my best to put a smile on his face. harry deserves everything amazing in the world and i'm trying to give him that. i love your son so much, he makes me feel so undeniably happy and i can't even put into words how much i appreciate and love him. i promise, that i will never purposely hurt him. harry is my angel, i can't imagine my life without him, especially my future. but trust me, i will never break his heart, i can never see myself doing that to harry." he said, without a miss of a beat. all he said was the complete truth, and louis didn't feel the need to hide anything anymore.

"i'm happy that you two have eachother." anne smiled.

"thank you, i am too."

next chapter is gonna fuck you guys up.

m.