xxv. rage

all louis heard as he walked into his house was the door slam after his mother entered

"why the hell would you do that louis? do you know how this will affect your grades? what about football? what were you thinking, aren't they your friends?"

"not anymore." louis mumbled but loud enough for johannah to hear.

"obviously not since you threatened them, louis."

"they were bullying a poor kid, you really think i'm going to just stand by and let that happen?"

"apparently that had been going on all school year and you've known of it. why didn't you stop it when it started?" his mother snapped, louis had been taken aback by his mother's rage.

she was never like this. but she did have a point, he couldn't deny that.

"i..i don't know. i don't know why didn't stop them. mum they did terrible things to him and i just stood there, the most i did was tell them to stop when i thought that they would kill him. i should've just stopped it when it started. it's all my fault." louis began to cry as he repeated those last words over and over again.

johannah pulled her son into a soft embrace, he cried into her shirt. he let it all out, all of his frustration and fear out through his tears. he breathed in his mother's familiar scent of vanilla. louis had always been attached to that scent, it smelt like home and it  enveloped him with feelings purely safe.

"i'm sorry mum.. i'm sorry." he said, hugging her tighter.

"it's okay."

louis nodded, but he knew that it wasn't okay, he shouldn't have done that to harry. he knew that he had to apologize to him but he didn't know how to face it.