Chapter 5

Ali's POV
"Mum!" I called as I walked in the house.

"Hey. So, how'd it go? I'm guessing awesomely amazingly perfect, per usual."

"Uh, not exactly." I replied. "What happened?" she asked.

"This guy saw Mama at the food court when we went to the mall and I recognised him from the way you described him." I started.

"Was it D?" she asked. I shook my head. "Adam?"  "No." "Then who?"

"Zayn. I saw him with this blonde chick and he has a baby named Kendall. He started saying that I grew so much. Did he know me as a baby?"

She stared at me as if she was unsure how to answer. Did he know me as a baby?

"Ali, he was kinda apart of the family when you were born. It's not a big deal, okay?"

"Oh.... I just thought—" "Nothing else. He just knew you as a baby, okay? He can't even be close to you."

She said the last part under her breath, but I heard it. He can't be close to me? What did he do to make that happen?

"Is there something that I don't know, Mum?" I asked. "Ali, you know everything I know, okay? We wouldn't keep secrets from you." she smiled.

I nodded and walked up the stairs.

Mum isn't telling me something. Maybe Dad knows something...? I should ask.

I put my bag in my room before walking into my parents' room.

"Daddy!" I cheered as I jumped on the bed next to him. "Hey, baby girl. How was it?" he asked.

"Like any other time, but it was a bit different." I replied.

"How?"  I put my head on his chest and sighed.

"I saw Zayn with some blonde chick and his baby. He told me that I grew so much since the last time I saw him and it confused me. Mum said that he was apart of the family when I was born. What is he to me?"

"Well, at the time, he was engaged to Perrie. So, in a way, I guess he's your granddad. I don't know. Probably not. But, he was apart of the family. A big part." he replied. "Oh."

"I asked Mama about the whole schizophrenia thing and she said the doctors diagnosed mum with it. But, she didn't have it and she just had demons. She said they made her cut. I asked what cutting was and she told me that it's when you take something sharp and cut yourself with it. She said you used to do it as well as mum."

"Yes, we did. But, I only did it for a few years. Maybe six years. Okay that's not a few, but, your mum was doing it ever since she was eight. She stopped when she was nineteen, with the help of us and professionals."

"So, she was still cutting even when I was here?!" I asked in disbelief. "Yeah. She just felt like the world was so against her. She tried killing herself three times, I think. She's had a hard life. But, don't feel bad. It wasn't your fault at all. That's why she started freaking out when you told us that you heard a voice. She didn't want you to go though what she went through. But, with you having schizophrenia, there's no promises."

"So, you're saying that I might cut myself and try to kill myself?!"

"Well, maybe. Most likely, you will. But, are here for you, okay? If you ever feel like you are about to do it, scream and we will help you, okay? Even if you don't, we understand. There's nothing that you're going though that we haven't. Mostly your mum, but you'll be okay. I promise. She made it though, so will you."

He hugged me and kissed my forehead. I feel like I'm about to cry. But, I don't want to. I have to be Daddy's strong girl. I can't break.

Too late!

A sob escaped my lips and he sat up. He pulled me close and kissed my forehead, rocking back and forth.

"I'm scared." I cried, tears streaming down my face. "You'll be okay, Ali. I promise."

"But, what if I'm not?! What if I kill myself? I'm not ready for any of this, Daddy. I'm terrified of what I will do to myself." I cried.

"Sweetie, you'll be fine. Shh." he cooed, trying to calm me down, but failing.

"I've read books about this! The character who has schizophrenia always ends up killing themselves in the end! And the author says they experienced it and this is nothing to joke around with."

"Of course it's not something to joke around with. This is a serious disease. But, it's just fiction. Who knows? Maybe you'll make it."

"But, Daddy, what if I don't?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Stop thinking and speaking like that. The more you think you won't make it, the more you loose faith in yourself that you can make it. Try to calm down, okay? Don't stress too much about this. Like I said, we are always here for you. Don't hesitate to ask for help when you need it."

____________________________________________________

This chapter wasn't much, but it was a cute Daddy-Daughter moment.

I have this idea that I think will be a great twist! Can't wait for you to read it.

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter! I will update soon! I love you all so much! Bye!

xX~ Tiffany (^-^)