Chapter 7

Ali's POV
It's Saturday and I have to go wth Mum and Dad to their stupid High School Reunion. I just want to stay at home.

It starts at 6:00 and it's 5:12 right now. So, my parents are getting ready. Daddy doesn't want to wear a tux, so he's wearing a black t-shirt and black jeans with converse. Mum, however, is wearing a black dress and heels.

Me? I'm gonna wear a white top, cotton candy pink skinny jeans, and brown wedges. I want to look presentable, as my mum would say.

I feel like I should text Beth. Maybe she can come with me.

I grabbed my phone and started texting Beth.

Me: hey. Can you come with me to my parents' HSR? I don't wanna go alone
BFF: I'm already going. My mom went to that school
Me: oh yeah! Can you ride with us?
BFF: course. Mom doesn't mind
Me: YAY! Come over and help me do my hair?
BFF: I'm already at your door. I'm walking in

"Hey, Mama!" I heard Beth say. "Hi, Beth."

She started calling my mum "Mama" two years after we became friends. We've been friends ever since the 6th grade.

I heard Beth running up the stairs and she soon came into my room. "Hi!" she yelled, walking to me.

"Beth. I-I think you're the only one I trust. I'm sorry for not talking to you. I was scared." I said, tears clouding my vision.

Why am I crying?

"Awe, babe, its okay. Don't cry." she cooed, walking over to me. She wrapped her arms around me, but I flinched.

She instantly moved away and she looked hurt. She always loved hugging and giving me cheek kisses whenever I'm sad. She probably feels like she can't touch me anymore.

"I-I'm sorry." she said. "Me too." I sighed, wiping my tears away.

"How about you get dressed and I'll help you with everything else." she suggested, standing by my vanity. I nodded and stood up, walking into my closet.

I grabbed the outfit and walked into my bathroom. I took a shower and dried off before putting my outfit on.

I walked back out of the bathroom and sat at my vanity, waiting on Beth to start on my hair.

As Beth did my hair, we talked about the reunion and this disorder. She says she doesn't know what I'm going through, but she's here for me and it made me feel a bit better.

After she got done with my hair, she moved onto my makeup. She did a simple look: black mascara and nude lipstick.

She made my hair have more volume and added white kitty ears; my favorite accessory.

"See! You look totally beautiful." she said, standing behind me as I looked in my full body mirror.

"Thanks." I smiled. "You look beautiful, too." I said, turning around and looking at her.

She was dressed in a white crop top, pink high-waisted skirt, and white heels. She's a total fashionista and makeup guru. Her makeup was light pink eyeshadow, black winged eyeliner, black mascara, and pink matte lipstick. She loves matte lipsticks and lipglosses. It's like she can't live without it.

Her hair was down, as always. She doesn't really like doing anything to her hair because she says she loves the way it is. She always keeps it cut short. She doesn't want her hair to get long.

"Alright. It's 5:45 and we need to get to the school." she said, holding her hand out. I hesitantly grabbed her hand and she led me downstairs.

"Presenting your beautiful daughter who totally freaked when I went to hug her!" she said dramatically.