Chapter 13

*seven weeks later*
Ali's POV
I started going back to school last week and I got caught up with everything while at home.

Right now, I am walking to school with Beth and she's acting more weird than usual. She seems really distracted and worried about something. She also seems a bit sad, but it's probably nothing.

We soon arrived at school and walked into Math class. We took our seats next to each other and our teacher instantly started talking.

I glanced over at Beth after a while and it looked like she'd been starring at me. I mean, I don't mind. But, once I looked at her, she quickly looked down.

I looked back at the teacher and tried to pay attention. Focus, Ali! Focus!

***

It's the end of the day and we are finally going home! I've heard the voices maybe six times throughout the entire day and it's killing me. I just want to lay down and go to sleep, but I have freaking math homework.

Also, we got a new student today! His name is Alex and he is SO cute! He has black hair and brown eyes. I swear he is possibly the cutest boy I have ever seen.

"Beth, will you come and do homework with me?" I asked her as we approached our houses. "Sure." she replied, her voice cracking.

I brushed off the entire voice crack and we walked into the house.

"We're back!" I yelled, walking into the kitchen. "Do you guys have homework?" Mum asked, walking into the kitchen as well. "Yeah." Beth replied, sitting down at the table with me.

"Okay. I'll leave you guys to it." Mum said before walking back out of the kitchen. "First, let's do Math. Then, you can help me with my Biology homework." Beth said, taking out her math book and binder.

As we were doing our homework, her breathing got uneven, she was bitting her lip a lot, and she was also bouncing her leg. Something is bothering her and I don't know what.

"Beth, what's wrong?" I asked, looking at her. "N-Nothing. I'm f-fine." she lied, taking in a deep breath and holding it for a few seconds before letting it out.

"No you're not. Please tell me what's wrong." I pleaded, concerned for her. "Don't worry about it. We're almost done. Can we finish, please?"

She's avoiding this entire situation and I probably should leave it alone. Besides, she's bad at keeping secrets. She'll crack soon.

Beth's POV
As soon as we finished our work, I quickly put my things away and ran to the bathroom. I closed and locked the door and pressed my back against it.

My breathing was heavy and my heart was pounding hard against my ribcage.

God, I can't. I don't know if I can spend another minute with Ali before I just pour out every single emotion I am feeling at her!

Just her flawless body and personality. It's so adorable and I hate what she's going through. She doesn't deserve these demons or whatever.

She deserves to be loved and that's what I want to do, but I'm scared. What will she think? What will her parents think?!

Yeah, they've known me for a long freaking time and they love me, but I don't know.

I ran my hand through my hair and put my head on the door. This is so stressful.

I quickly gathered myself and exited the bathroom. I walked into the kitchen to get my bag, but it's gone as well as Ali.

She's probably in her room.

I walked out of the kitchen, only to be stopped by Camille.

"Beth, are you okay?"

I turned to her and sighed. I can't lie to her because she knows when I'm lying and she will annoyingly ask questions until I tell her the truth.

"No." I replied, my voice cracking. "What's wrong?" she asked, motioning for me to sit down next to her.

"Well..." I trailed off. How will I tell her how I'm feeling?

"Um.... I think I... have a crrrrrushhhhh onnnn...–" "Ali?" "Al– Wait, how'd you know?!"

She chuckled and shook her head. "Beth, I've noticed your behavior the past few weeks. It's obvious."

I started to tear up and looked down. The tears escaped my eyes, thinking she will judge me.

"Beth, it's nothing to crying about. It's fine." she cooed, wrapping her arm around my waist and pulling me close.

"I th-thought you w-would j-judge me or s-something." I cried, looking at her.

"No! That is totally fine and I would never judge you. If you like Ali, it's okay. I kinda knew you did because you've been showing signs. Don't cry about this, Beth. It's fine and I would love you either way." she cooed, hugging me.

I honestly thought she would hate me. Now the only thing left to do is tell Ali.

_______________________________________________________________

Does this count as a cliffhanger? If it does, CLIFFHANGERRRR!!!!

Guys, if you've been with me for a long time, you know I do a lot of cliffhangers. At this point, I don't even know what counts as a cliffhanger anymore.

Anyways! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and please tell me what you thought of it.

I love you all so much and thanks for reading! Bye babies!

xX~ Tiffany ❤️