Chapter 12

A/N: I JUST CHECKED THIS! YOU GUYSSS!!!! I LOVE YOU! AH! Okay, back to the book. 😊

*two days later*
Ali's POV
I just got home from the hospital and they put me on bed rest. I'm gonna be out of school for six weeks because of the surgery.

I'm in bed right now and I have my laptop next to me. I've been watching YouTube videos all day and mum has come in to check on me many times.

I've also fallen asleep a few times, but whatever. I want to get up and walk around, but I can't. It may damage the stitches or whatever the doctor said.

The sound of my door opening snapped me out of my thoughts. I expected to see mum, but instead I saw a worried looking Beth with tear stains on her cheeks.

"Hey." she said, walking over to me. "Hi." I replied as she sat down at my desk. "How are you feeling?" she asked as she turned to face me.

"Okay." I replied, shrugging. "Do you know how long you're gonna be out?"  "Six weeks."

"It won't be the same without you." she said, looking down. "Enough about me. Did you make the cheer squad?" I asked. "Yeah." she replied, pursing her lips.

"Beth, I don't want your life to stop because of me." I blurted. "You are my life." she said quietly, looking up. I saw a single tear roll down her face, but she didn't bother to wipe it away.

My heart broke. I hate seeing her this way. "I'm sorry." I croaked. "It's okay. We can't do anything to stop it." she said, her voice cracking.

Silence fell upon us, but it was kinda comfortable. Just being in her presence and knowing that she's here for me no matter what makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I love Beth so much and I know she loves me too.

"Are you still scared?" she asked, breaking the silence. I looked up and nodded. She walked over to my bed and sat down next to me. "Don't be. I'm right here with you. I promise." she said, wrapping her arms around my neck and hugging me.

"I'm right here with you. Blah, blah, blah. You won't live to see next year. Ahaha."

Tears came to my eyes when I heard the horrifying voice. "It keeps talking to me." I sobbed, many tears staining my cheeks.

Beth sighed and kissed my cheek. "If I could stop it, I would and you know that. But, I can't. I'm sorry."

The way she was holding me.... it felt like... like she was trying to fight back an urge. An urge to do what? Slap me in the face?

"I'm tired." I muttered, barely audible. She laid down with me, but made sure not to hurt me in the process. She entangled our legs together and cuddled me close.

She put her face in my neck and I sighed. My life is Hell.

***

Camille's POV
"Jacob," I said as I walked away from Ali's door. I walked downstairs only to find Jacob in the living room looking for something. "Have you noticed anything different about Beth lately?"

"Other than she cut her hair, no. Oh, she also stopped wearing the flower crowns. Are they out of season or something?"

"Jacob!" "What? Oh! Sorry."

"Yes, they are out of season! But, I'm also serious! She seems very....weird while around us. And while she's with Ali it just seems like she's fighting back something she wants to do." I said, confused as ever.

"Maybe she's a vampire and she wants to suck Ali's blood." he said. "Are you literally joking right now?" I asked, looking at him. "I'm just saying." he laughed, putting his hands up in defence.

Something's wrong with Beth and need to find out.

_____________________________________________________________

HAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!! Yes, I finally updated!

But, I'm super excited for this because I have an idea for this book and it may end up to be a HUGE plot twist!

On another note, WE REACHED 2K READS ON THIS BOOK! YAY!

I love you all so much and thank you for reading! Your votes and comments mean the world to me.

xX~ Tiffany ❤️