1

We were just hanging out by our favorite little creek when we decided to go just a little bit further past the running autumn water.

"Not too far okay White?"I was a few steps behind her when we continued to step on the undergrowth.

"Okay Sliver,"We all had color nicknames in our group.We were all different, too.All four of us equally great.

"Ouch,"White had scratched herself with the nosy branches that stuck out. Manda's nickname was white, because of how innocent she was and her childish way of being.

"Ha watch where you're going!"My name was Incognita, yeah I know it sounds like incognito, but they called me Silver.Why?I think it's because I was pretty mysterious like the color gray.But I was just better,I don't really know honestly.

"Hey Silver look at this,"White was standing breathless in front of a beautiful pine tree.Except it was no ordinary pine tree, the pins were a matte black, and the grass around it ten times as green.Even the stump of the tree was a beautiful brown, but as we got closer the air around us became thick-almost like it was weighing us down.Urging us not to go further.

"Hey take some pics of me!"I gave her my phone and ran towards the tree.When i passed where the vibrant green grass grew I felt as though something had changed.No not something. Everything.

"Alright ready?"

"Yeah!"I hugged the tree for my first picture..That moment the hairs on my skin stuck up, but then I felt warm.I felt a war going on around me but I payed no mind.And so for my second one I laid down on the grass.About ten pictures were taken until I had no more imagination to think of a new pose.

"Pass me my phone,"I headed to White.She headed toward me.Then she reached the line; the line where that vivid grass grew.

"Arrrgh!" I saw White's body being shocked with electricity, and her eyes rolling back almost completely.Her hand gripped my phone so hard her hand turned white.I couldn't do anything.I didn't know how to react.Her pain didn't lessen it continued.Her moans of pain, the hum of electricity, and the gasps of air.The seconds that passed felt like hours.