4

They stopped when I entered my house.

"Finally,"I said closing the door and slowly falling to the floor soaked and cold.

"Inco!"My little sister came up to me, but then fell.

"Hey look you got better!"My sister was only 5, when she was in the accident with granny.She lost most of her ability to walk, but she's slowly getting better.

"Your back huh?"My 17 year old cousin stood in the hallway smirking.

"Yeah I'm back,obviously,"I picked Nani up and held her by a hand walking toward him.

"How was it with Manda today?"Joe picked her up and began to walk down the hallway towards the kitchen.I didn't answer.

"I said how was it?"Joe put her in her chair then turned to look at me.

"It was fine,"I turned to go upstairs.

"It can't just be fine,something is wrong,"he ran after me and grabbed my wrist.

"What the heck!Don't touch me,"I broke free and ran upstairs.

"Incognita!"He quickly caught up to me and pushed me up against the wall.

"Tell me what happened,"He had pinned down my hands,and I couldn't even try to squirm my way out.

"What's wrong with you!"I was empowered by Joe's usual calm and chill demeanor but now he was so forceful.His light pink eyes no longer warm but cold."

"I'm sorry..it's just your birthday is coming up and,"He ran his pale hand through his almost white spiky hair.

"Brother!"Nani was getting scared being alone for so long.

"We're coming!"He gave me the 'you better' listen look and I nodded.I headed down with him, still soaking wet.

"Hey what's wrong?"I patted Nani's head.

"I'm hungry,"She made a pouty face.And Joe made mac and cheese, her favorite.

"Listen Incognita we need to talk,"He pulled out a chair from the dining table and motioned me to sit in front of him. So i did as he wished.

"Promise me you won't lash out and blame mom or anything okay?"

"I can't make promises,you know that,"As I spoke I tied up my damp hazel hair, letting my bangs fall out.

"Fine.I'll tell you straight out then," He bit his lip before he continued speaking. The tension rose.,and so did my anxiety.