7

"Where were you? Why didn't you tell me what happened yesterday? I had to hear it from Nani!"Joe was by the exit of the park when I was heading out of there.I walked past him as he kept talking.He realized i was ignoring him only when we were halfway home.

"Inco c'mon why can't you just forgive me? It's not my fault I had to lie in order to protect you!"

"Not your fault? You couldn't just admit you weren't my family! And could have told me what really happened with your family!And tell me who you really were!Of course it's your fault,"Though I never turned around I knew exactly what expression he was making.Eyes looking down, a sad face on and his hair covering one of his eyes."Don't look so sad, at least you don't need to pretend anymore,"I continued to walk until we reached the house.

"Sissy!"As soon as I opened the door Nani was wrapped around my legs.

"Hey kiddy!"I picked her up and kissed her forehead.

"Hola mija! Manda is in your room sleeping,"My mom's voice was coming from the kitchen.

"Mom? Your back!"I ran to the kitchen with Nani still in my arms. When I went in I saw the outline of my mom's slender body and her short deep dark brown hair.

"Yep,and I feel good after a rest,"she turned to smile at me,but her gray eyes didn't smile with her.

"We need to talk mother,"I said what she was about to.

"Then go ahead and pull out a chair,"she washed her hands and took a chair.

"Joe it's Nani's nap time be a dear and take her upstairs,"She flattened the house dress she wore.

"Mommy I'm already 8! I can sleep later today,"Nani was ready to protest but Joe picked her up and took her upstairs as she was getting ready to do so.

"So then what do you want to talk about?"You heard the door closing upstairs.

"You know exactly what the reason is,"I sat down across from mother.

"Well you know what you have to do on your 17th birthday what else do you wish to know?" Rage began to boil in my heart.How could she sit there like that! All calm and peaceful her face unchanged.

"Why didn't you tell me,"But then again that's something me and mother had in common.