18

"Yuyu?"He tilted his head and thought for a moment. A memory crossed his eyes.

"I'm sorry I tend to give people nicknames without thinking, and-"

"I like it."

"What?"

"No one has called me that, not in a long time,"He stared at the water momentarily but then looked at me and a gentle smile came across his lips. I could only wonder what that memory was, so I let my mind drift back to that fish.

"Fishy fishy where are you?" I whispered as I pushed open the marsh. "Oh,"Suddenly I saw it jumping in and out of the water. Almost like it was calling my attention. I walked over there, well almost like pushed thru. As I reached out to touch it, "Don't you think your little boyfriend will be upset if he doesn't see you near?" I heard that same charismatic voice.

"Hm?" I turned and saw the demon king's son. His bright green eyes stared deep into my red ones.

"He is your boyfriend right?" He was smiling but his eyes held... fear. Not of his own but like the one I felt when White was almost killed. And then ,"You were that boy!" Before I answered my thoughts and the things before fell into place.

"You're the jerk who traumatized my friend!" I climbed out of the marsh and onto the firm ground. I ignored the heavy pull as water soaked into the ground,I stomped to him. Anger in my voice, and threat in my words.

"Ha you must have me confused with someone,"He brushed it all off like if it was nothing.

"Really? You're memory must be small then. Because although I've never really seen you there I know the feeling you had then. I felt it. Disillusion, dread, and contention."

"How?"

"The forest told me."

"That forest only listens to me!" His uneasiness seemed to grow and anger waved over him.

"It can listen, but it doesn't have to follow what you say," I didn't hesitate. If he's the one who caused my family pain. Greater pain will weigh on him.

"Shut up bitch!" His bright red hair began to emit fire.