The day my life changed

RINA POV

I have always been an easy-going girl, someone who looks at life with simplicity, all that matters for me was school and family, I wasn't the loser nor the Queen, just someone you will not remember in a few years, I used to live in California with my parents and I am an only child. 

My university life is less hard than school but the classes are harder yet I don't really care, I like my major and enjoy it a lot since it's the only refuge I have from my house where my parents can't spend a day without arguing about money.

I moved away from home a year ago, which helped me a lot cause I don't have to come home more than once or twice a month and it didn't really bother me. Between my part-time job and school, I didn't even have time to date.

I used to go on dates and hang out with friends, but everything changed when I started college, I did not have time for anything and let's say I am not really interested in getting my heart broken, been there and it's awful.

I forget something important my name is Kim Rina, and I am half Korean half American, my mom is from America and my dad is from Korea. I inherited his trait and the blue of her eyes. They told me that I've never been to Korea and I begged them to take me there when I started growing up but I gave up over years.

I used to be that kind of girl until one day something happened, something I've never expected. The mistake I made was because I trusted people so easily.

One day I got a call from home, My dad told me that someone will come to me with some papers that I have to sign for his work, he didn't really explain, he just said it was important to get my signature and being the stupid me, I didn't really read what I was signing on, after all, I didn't have the money nor any valuable items hidden to be afraid of losing, and I trusted my father enough to believe in his words. My mistake!

And I have no idea why but they asked me to come home. It's in the middle of the week, but I have to go back and forth for something, I do not know. Since I don't have a car, a road trip of 90 minutes took me 3 hours. Finally, I am in front of my house, yet something got my attention,  a bunch of black cars was parked in front of my modest house, you don't need to be observative to notice them, in a normal neighborhood, you can smell rich people from a mile away.

 I thought maybe it was for the neighbors and not for us, so I ignored it at that second, I should have run away. My second mistake.

Before I could even enter, the door was wide open and I was welcomed by a big hug from my mom and then my father who joined us enrolling us in his arms WTF, it's so rare for us to hug this way. yet, I couldn't enjoy the moment because I felt that we have some guests waiting in the other room, I could hear their chatter!

My mom ordered me to go take a shower and put the dress that was waiting for me on my bed upstairs. I did as I was told. I'd be lying if I say that I share any kind of strong relationship with my parents. Sometimes I feel like a toy or something they created just to use.
They don't know anything about my life and they rarely call to ask if everything is fine with me. But when they need me, they spend the day nagging me to come. that's how they are.

An hour later I walked down to be greeted by my parents and another couple who seemed very friendly. I didn't talk just sat there hearing them praising me and eyeing me from head to toe as if I was some product for sale, when the woman comes sat next to me, I knew they were up to something weirder than before, and said "I am sure you will give us a beautiful baby " for a second I thought I misheard but when my dear mother talked " Yes she will be a great wife too".

"Huh.." I shrugged at her statement, what the fuck is she talking about, I was about to ask when my mom glared at me to shut up and my dad continued "yeah, I am sure of it" No they must be kidding, there is an explanation to that, I am sure, it can not be true!