Chapter One

It was a few night's journey, but the brother's made it to Bloodstone territory at last. Satarou brought his horse to a halt. Winnie had no problem stopping, as she was tired and hungry.

Satarou hopped off the horse and helped his sleeping brother down. A moment later, Satarou was met with a strange woman. She had bright white wings, and her hair was a bright ash blond. She wore heavy silver armour. She was an angel, but she looked anything but nice. In fact, Satarou figured that she wasn't very happy to see them.

"Who are you and what are you doing in my territory?" She snapped.

Satarou readjusted his brother on his back before facing her with a cold, unpleased look, "take me to your leader."

"Why should I?" She snapped, "how do I know that you aren't secretly an assassin?"

Satarou gave a yawn. He was already bored of this conversation. "You don't. You will just have to trust that your leader can take care of themself."

"No! I am here to protect the leader and I will not allow you to put him in harms way!" She shouted.

At the speed of lightning, the Angel bolted towards Satarou. Just as fast, he unsheathed his sword from his side and was fending her off with it.

"I'm not here to fight a pathetic Angel" Satarou pulled his lips back in a snarl, "I am just here to talk to your leader. Let me see him."

A moment later, Yui fluttered his eyes open. He was being held on Satarou's back. Yui wrapped his arms around his older brother and yawned, "brother? What's going on?"

"Oh, you have a younger brother, do you?" the Angel smiled sadistically, "if you won't talk, then maybe he will!"

Satarou put Yui down and stood protectively over him, "you will not touch him or you will die!"

A moment later, a man came to see what the commotion was about. The stranger assessed the situation before he faced the woman, "Katie, what is going on here?"

"M-Mori!" Katie started, "this man here says he came to see you!"

"Me?" the stranger was a little confused. He walked over to Satarou and looked him up and down, "who are you? Miss?"

Satarou swiped at the man with his sword, barely nicking him. "I am a man, you moron!"

"Listen here, you are in my territory! Show respect!" the man snapped, "now who are you? Are you a human?"

A little boy walked over to the man a little later. "F-Father? What's going on?"

"It's nothing, Truman" the man smiled. The little boy had wolf ears that seemed to fold back with worry. His wolf tail was frozen stiff in fear. He could sense something was off.

"Father? Why is there another werewolf here?" the kid asked, pointing to Satarou.

"A werewolf?" the man stood protectively in front of his son, "why are you on my territory, wolf?"

A moment later, Satarou spotted a familiar black blur. He was shocked. "Lightning?"

The familiar wolf perked his ears up at the name. He ran over to Satarou and wagged his tail.

"Is this where you've been, Lightning?" Lightning was a black wolf and tiger hybrid. He had dark blue stripes along his back, and shorter ones along his face. He had long fur and a enormous, fluffy tail. Satarou wasn't sure why Lightning had blue stripes instead of orange stripes, but he wasn't about to ask questions.

"Yes, Satarou!" Lightning replied. Satarou doubted that the others could hear him, though he was unsure about the little wolf boy.

"Father, his name is Satarou. He seems to know Lightning" the little boy replied.