Chapter Eleven

First thing in the morning, the group were back on the run. Everyone but princess Marina decided to transform into their wereanimal. The princess chose to ride on Satarou's back and carry Elly's bag, which contained some simple medicine, as well as the wereanimal's clothing.

Satarou felt the leaves under his paws and the wind rustle his fur. He sniffed the air and the scent of food immediately filled his nose.

"Food" the princess muttered, "doesn't this mean that we are close to a clan?" All of them had been traveling for a few hours now. Satarou was not happy. This was not his clan. He didn't recognize any of his clan mate's scents.

Satarou froze and everyone had to stop running before they crashed into him. There was one scent that he did recognize, and it was Casper's. They were in Moonstone territory.

Letting out a small growl, Satarou gestured everyone to hide in the bushes. The princess hopped off of his back so she wouldn't be seen.

"What is it?" princess Marina whispered. Satarou let out a very quiet growl, telling the princess that she needed to be quiet. There were footsteps, and the scent of Casper was getting stronger. They were close enough to hear. This would be pleasant, Satarou thought. Maybe now he could finally carry out his revenge.

"Did you finish conducting your business, Rou?" Casper told a strange man.

"Yes, I did" the man that Satarou realized was probably Rou answered, "Carrel is dead, I can assure you. I have succeded in the mission."

"That is very good to hear, Rou" Casper answered. Satarou didn't recognize Rou's scent, but he realized he was screwed when he recognized him as a werelion.

Satarou could hear Rou sniff the air, and he knew he had been spotted when Rou's eyes met his.

Satarou growled at his pals and gestured them to start running.

"Casper, I smell were-" before Rou could finish his sentence, Satarou jumped out of the bushes and tackled Casper to the ground, biting into his shoulder.

"You damn mutt!" Casper yelled, punching Satarou in the throat. Casper and Rou thankfully didn't notice when the rest of the group had started running out of their territory, still being careful not to be caught. ­­

Satarou went to take a big, bloody chunk out of Casper's neck when Rou had transformed into his werelion and tackled the blood-thirsty wolf off of Casper.

Rou stared Satarou in the eyes, daring him to attack. Satarou tossed the lion off of him and immediately jumped back on to Casper, clawing at his chest. Blood was dripping off of Satarou's nails and teeth. He growled in the Angel's face.

Rou immediately tackled Satarou off of Casper again, this time clawing at the teen. Satarou soon found himself bloody and covered in open, bleeding wounds everywhere as he fought with the lion.

They were both panting and exhausted by the end of their fight. Neither backed down, but neither continued attacking. They were both too exhausted to continue.

"Congrats, wolf. You are the first who matches my top clan member's strength" Casper said coldly, "change back, wolf." Casper was quick to have Satarou pinned to the ground by the throat. He had no strength left to resist, and he noticed Rou had slumped to the ground completely. Instead of changing back, though, Satarou used that oppurtunity to slash Casper across the cheeks.

"Who are you? Why are you attacking me like this?" Casper demanded. Rou growled his agreement with Casper's words. Satarou knew he couldn't change back. He wasn't ready to show Casper who he was.

Satarou let out a loud roar as he growled at Casper, showing defiance.

"Maybe I should just kill you now, then? Since you won't behave!" Casper yelled.