Chapter Thirteen

Satarou smirked smugly as Rou ran at him. He easily dodged when Rou attempted to jump on him with all of his power. It took him a moment to get off and turn around to face Satarou. When he did, he just stood there for a second, flicking his tail back and forth in annoyance, before he attempted to lunge at Satarou again.

"Just give it up, kitty" Satarou laughed sadistically, "you can't catch me!" Satarou dodged Rou's attack again, only to feel a trickle of blood drip down his face. He brought a finger to his face and sure enough, Rou had knicked him. "Alright, I will give it you, kitty. You managed to knick me. Now i'm mad!"

Satarou ran towards the kitty and tackled him, but he did not dare show his wolf form. He transformed his claws enough to use it as a weapon against Rou, but other than that, he was getting scratched up rather quickly.

The fight turned around, and now it was Rou who had him pinned to the ground, ready to deal the final blow. Losing his mind, Satarou laughed like a madman as he stared the kitty in the eye. Rou flicked his ears up, obviously wondering why Satarou was laughing.

"Well? What are you waiting for, kitty? Kill me" Satarou's expression darkened, "oh wait, you can't." Satarou knew he wouldn't win this game in the long shot unless he transformed. However, he couldn't risk the clan finding out about his true identity just yet or else his whole infiltration plan would be ruined.

I'm doing this for you, Yui, Satarou thought.

Every second that Rou's paw came closer to his throat as he was helplessly pinned underneath, Satarou started to lose confidence that his plan might have failed. Then he would certainly have failed Yui.

His mood darkening, he started to feel his skin crawl, as if something were crawling on him. Looking at Rou, he noticed two cobra snakes started to tighten themselves around Rou. Startled, Satarou came back to his senses and faked confidence again. As he did so, the cobra snakes stopped choking Rou and he felt the crawling sensation return as the snakes disappeared.

Rou was out of breath from being choked, and had lost so much energy that he was forced to shift back into his human form.

Hissing, Rou looked at Satarou, "fine, I won't kill you. You've already lost anyways." Rou quickly tied rope around Satarou's wrists before he put on a spare change of clothes. "What are you, anyways? You certainly don't appear to be a human, yet I can't smell any scent from you. Now that you mention it, I can't even smell a human scent off of you. Just what are you?"

Satarou stayed silent, not bothering to reply. He just kept willing his scent to stay hidden, and it didn't seem to come back. He couldn't risk it coming back as it would most definitely give him away.

They've been walking for an hour now before they made it back to the Moonstone camp. Casper was there to greet Rou.

"Who's this, Rou?" Casper asked.

"I don't know, sir. I found him lurking on our territory, and the surprising thing is that he doesn't have a scent. I thought he was a human, but he doesn't even have a human smell. I thought you might know what to do with him" Rou explained.

"Very well, then. Take him to the prisoner tent. Yori will know how to deal with him" Casper ordered.

"Yes, sir" Rou roughly led Satarou away from Casper and to a lone brown tent that was far away from all of the other tents. It took everything in Satarou to control his emotions and not lash out at Casper. However, he couldn't afford to put his mission into jeopardy. The smallest mistake could end up with him dead. He could not afford for that to happen.

"Who is this?" a muscular man with long, midnight black hair and dark red eyes asked Rou. Upon closer inspection, Satarou noticed the man had fangs. This man was a vampire.