Chapter Twenty-Three

The group of supernatural beings has been traveling for a few long, tiring weeks. Satarou didn't talk much, and he found it really hard to stop himself from staring at Leon. Every time he even glanced towards the Angel, memories from when he kissed Leon in his dream came flowing back to him.

Princess Marina clinged onto Leon's arm, resting her head on his shoulder as she walked. She was trying hard not to break into tears.

Leo beamed at the two as he asked, "are you two dating?"

"No" Leon responded glumly.

"Then is there anyone you like, Leon?" Leo asked happily. Satarou wished that Leo would shut up. He was secretly happy that Leon wasn't dating the princess since he found himself growing jealous for some unknown reason, however he didn't want to know who the damn Angel likes.

He froze for a quick second before resuming walking. Shaking those thoughts out of his head, he realized that he doesn't have the right to feel jealous in any way. After all, everything that was happening was his own damn fault. He doesn't even have the right to love Leon when he gave him up.

"Yes" Leon told Leo.

Leo's smile grew even wider, if that was even possible. "Who is it? Can I meet them?"

"He's dead" Leon said glumly.

Leo frowned widely, "I'm so sorry for your loss. What was his name?"

Leon looked at Leo thoughtfully, then he replied, "Satarou."

Eyes widening, Leo exclaimed, "But he is-"

"Dead" Satarou shot Leo a look, and the lion immediately shut up.

"Dead" Leo repeated a second later, looking at the floor as he walked, defeated. He wanted to keep Satarou's secret, but he didn't want this new man he met to be hurt. He assumed the Angel would be suffering at the thought of his loved one being dead.

Silence settled over them for several long minutes before the princess turned to Satarou and said, "Ketsu? Why are you always wearing sunglasses? It's not that bright out."

The question caught Satarou off guard, and not paying attention, he tripped over a large rock, falling to the ground, his sunglasses slipping off of his face.

Immediately he squeezed his eyes shut and curled up in pain. The only one who noticed that he had fallen was the princess, and she was at a loss as to what to do.

It wasn't long before Satarou started coughing up blood, fighting hard not to change into his wolf form out of pure instinct.

"Guys! Guys! Ketsu is hurt!" the princess called out, tears falling down her cheeks, "I don't know what happened!" They all turned to face Satarou.

Immediately Leo's eyes widened and he called out, "Ketsu!" He quickly ran over and grabbed Satarou's sunglasses before slipping them onto the older teen.

Satarou calmed down rather quickly, blinking his eyes open and looking at the group.

He attempted to wipe the blood off his mouth, only to smear it, when he said, "what? Nothing serious happened."

"You were dying!" the princess scolded, "what happened? How come you are fine now?"

"He can't face the sun without his sunglasses" Leo explained, "otherwise he collaspes to the ground and starts coughing up blood." He turned towards Satarou and scolded, "you need to be more careful and watch where you are going! You know very well what happens when you don't have your sunglasses on outside in the daylight!"

"I know. Nothing happened, it was just a mistake" Satarou shrugged before getting off.

Still unhappy with the older teen, Leo scowled, "you have blood on your face."