Chapter Fourteen

It was morning. Satarou was still laying on the floor of the tent next to all of the other prisoners. Dried blood splattered his face and clothes from his previous beatings. He had scars all over. Yori was snoring loudly from where he sat in the chair in the tent.

Quietly, he ran his fingers along his mother's necklace. Surprisingly, no one had forcefully taken it from him. It probably helped that he kept it hidden underneath his shirt as much as possible, along with the snakes that wrapped around his body.

Satarou quickly put the necklace back underneath the shirt when he heard footsteps walking towards the tent. Sniffing the air, he realized that it was Casper.

Yori grouchily opened his eyes before seeing Casper standing in the doorway. "Casper! What brings you on by?"

"Have you discovered who the new guy is?" the Angel said bluntly.

"No, I haven't. I've tried to beat the answers out of him, but it doesn't seem to work" Yori said, "he is definitely not a human, but he's not an Angel either. Nor is he a vampire. He has to be a wereanimal. But I don't know of any wereanimal who can hide their scent completely."

"What's his name?" Casper asked.

"He hasn't said" Yori admitted a bit shamefully. Satarou just sat there, obviously listening in on their conversation. Casper stormed over to Satarou.

"What is your name?" the evil Angel asked the boy.

"Wouldn't you like to know, Angel-boy?" Satarou taunted with a malicious smirk painted across his features.

Casper immediately grabbed Satarou by the collar and snarled in his face, "tell me what your name is or I will kill you right now!"

Satarou knew the man was serious, but he couldn't give his actual name. He was afraid Casper would know who he was if he discovered the name. So instead he said the first thing that came to mind, "Ketsu."

"Ketsu?" Casper frowned, "what kind of name is that?"

Satarou stayed silent. Daringly, he spit in Casper's face, which enraged the man.

"Why you!" Casper hissed, punching Satarou in the face. Satarou could feel his emotions darken a little, and the slithering sensation told him that the snakes were leaving. He saw the cobra's were about to wrap themselves around Casper, when he smelled someone. It was Leon. Frowning, Satarou quickly drew back the snakes, calming himself down. No one noticed the cobras at all. But he had another thing to worry about. He had to keep Casper distracted so that he wouldn't discover Leon.

"What? Don't like it, tough guy?" Satarou asked.

"Maybe I should just kill you right now!" Casper yelled, venom dripping off his tongue. Casper roughly threw Satarou onto the ground and began kicking him repeatedly. He didn't stop even when Satarou started coughing up blood.

The teen had a split lip and a black eye. He suspected that he had a few broken ribs as well. He was pretty sure that was something the princess would be able to heal.

Once Casper was done, he turned to Yori. "Come on, we have a meeting." Yori nodded, got up, and began to follow his clan leader out of the tent. Satarou used all of his energy to get to the princess.

"Princess?" he whispered. The small little bunny fluttered her eyes open to look at him. She looked shocked, hopeful, and then sad. He frowned, wondering if there was any way he could get the shock collar off of her.

It's been twenty minutes, and it feels like he tried everything! His mood darkening, he saw the cobras leave his skin and disappear into the collar. A moment later, it turned into ashes. Filled with joy, the cobras withdrew.