Chapter Eighteen

It's been a few weeks since Satarou has returned to the Bloodstone campsite. Leon and the princess has remained. Satarou still refused to talk to others. He made sure to keep his distance from everyone else.

It was in middle of the night and Satarou couldn't sleep. Stripping off his kimono, he changed into his wolf form and decided to go for a run.

He felt great with the light wind breezing through his fur. The only sound that filled his ears that night were the beautiful fall leaves and the sounds of the crickets chirping in the starry night sky.

He was alone, and that was the way things should be. He hasn't been able to control the cobras since he escaped from the Moonstone camp. They just remained rested on his arms. He wanted to learn to control them again because they would be a big help in getting his revenge on Casper. He had almost killed the Angel last time, but his weak body wasn't able to withstand anymore energy. The cobras drained him of energy every time he used them, and he hadn't had enough to rest.

Satarou was walking along the river. He hadn't been listening in for anyone who might possibly try to attack him, so it came as a surprise when suddenly a large mountain lion leeped at him from within the bushes, pushing him into the river to get soaked. The lion had tumbled into the water along with him. Neither tried to swim back to shore, instead they both fought with claws and teeth as the river pulled them along.

Satarou woke up a bloody mess. He was covered in scars, though he didn't appear to have any broken bones. Alarmed, he was on a boat. Not too far from him, the lion was still asleep. The lion was just as bloody. Satarou didn't know how both of them were still bloody when they had been in a river, but he didn't remember anything that happened during their fight. He was even more alarmed because he woke up on a boat next to his attacker. How does he keep ending up in these odd situations? How does he keep ending up away from the Bloodstone clan?

Frowning, he realized it shouldn't matter anymore whether he was away from the clan or not. He has distanced himself from everyone, so he knew no one cared about what happens to him. The only person who ever even mattered to him was his little brother Yui, but it didn't matter anymore. Yui hated him, so now he had nothing more to lose.

But then his thoughts started drifting to Leon.

What would that Angel think if he were to just leave and not come back? Would Leon even care? Did Satarou want him to care?

Shaking his head rapidly, he tried to deny the thought that he might have started developing feelings for the Angel. He couldn't have. Not when he was so close to obtaining his revenge. Love was weakness, and he couldn't allow himself to have it. He didn't even deserve to have it.

Satarou stood in defense when he saw that the lion was starting to stir. The lion stared at Satarou, flicking his tail in annoyance, but he didn't move to attack. In turn, Satarou kept still, staring down the lion. His eyes were harsh, and he wanted the lion to know that he wasn't ready to be friendly.

Both of them stopped their little staring contest in favor of looking towards the open deck of the boat. They were hidden behind some large boxes, but they could hear footsteps walking their way.

Both took a quick glance at each other. Seeming to have the same idea, they both went to hide behind the furthest box, trying to remain as hidden as possible.

But to no avail, a mysterious man appeared before them. He wore a black mask that had a skull on it. It covered the lower half of his face. He also wore large black goggles and he had dark, chocolate-colored brown hair that seemed to stick out in every direction.

Satarou growled when the man walked towards him. He fought and fought when the man grabbed at him, but all the man had to do was take out something that looked sort of like a taizer and press it to Satarou, paralyzing him. It frightened Satarou, and he had no choice but to collapse onto the ground.