Chapter Three

At the crack of dawn, everyone was up and preparing to leave the campground. It was the day that everyone would have to relocate.

"Yui, will you dump this bucket of water out by the nearby river? I will start taking down the tent" Satarou asked his brother.

"Sure thing, Satar!" Yui spoke chirpily. Enthusiatically, Yui grabbed the bucket full of dirty water and began carrying it out towards where the river would be.

Satarou let out a small sigh at his enthusiastic brother before he stepped out of the tent so that he could begin taking it down. He heard Lightning's light footsteps pad up to him.

"Are you here to help, Lightning?" Satarou asked. Even though he had been joking, his tone was flat and monotonous.

"Lighten up, Satarou! We are all a family here in the Bloodstone clan!" Lightning replied back, his tongue lolling out as he decided to lay on his side in the dirt right next to Satarou, though far enough so that he wasn't in the way.

"I only trust you and Yui" the teen stated bluntly.

Lightning looked both directions before he decided to lower his tone, as if anyone but Satarou and the little kid could understand him, "so, did your secret ninja identiy bring you to join Bloodstone? Are you here in hopes that you will be able to track down the man who killed your family?"

"Shh!" Satarou turned sharply in Lightning's direction, "yes, I am here for that reason. Don't tell anyone."

"Who am I going to tell? A six-year-old boy?" Lightning frowned, "or a pack of wolves? Don't worry, I won't let Truman overhear me. Besides, everyone here has joined Bloodstone for one reason or another. Here in Bloodstone, we don't pry, whatever the reason is."

"Yes, keep it from Truman" Satarou frowned. By now, the tent has collapsed completely. All that was left to do was to bag it up. Satarou already had his weapons strapped to him, and Yui had his weapons with him as well.

"Alright, will do" Lightning responded as Satarou carefully bagged up the tent. He could vaguely see someone walking up to him. He turned around to see Katie. She came to a halt when she reached him.

"Hey punk" she said with a harsh tone, "you done packing yet?"

Satarou nodded. He didn't offer her any other words. He saw Corvus tip-toeing to Katie. Katie didn't seem to notice.

Corvus hugged Katie from behind, and Katie let out a loud gasp before she spun around to face her tormentor. "What do you think you're doing, woman?"

Corvus cackled. "You can call me princess, you know. After all, I am known as the crow princess, as I have the ability to speak to crows."

"Not just you, idiot" Katie rolled her eyes, "or did you forget that you have a twin sister?"

Corvus let out a shocking gasp, "oh, right, her!" She smirked, "I completely forgot about Asuna."

"I heard that!" Asuna snapped from behind. Corvus sharply spun around on her heels.

If she was facing Satarou, he was sure she would visiably be sweating out a river. "I-it was all a lie, I swear! It was just another one of my attempts to get in Katie's pants!"

Katie let out an annoyed cough. "Excuse me? You idiot! Just give it up already, it's not going to happen."

"Hey, a girl can dream, right?" Corvus smirked, now facing Katie once again.

A moment later, Yui was running back to Satarou with the bucket in hand. "Satar! I'm back, brother!" He froze when he noticed the crowd in front of where the tent use to be. "Why is everyone here? What do they want with you?"