Chapter Twelve

By morning, Satarou was ready to go. He was in a lot of pain, but he could not stay any longer in the Amber clan. In all honesty, he was afraid to stay with his birth parents any longer. As far as he knew, they had abandoned him and he wasn't quite ready to let them back in his life just yet.

"How are you feeling, Y-" Rox cleared his throat, "how are you feeling, Satarou?"

"Fine" Satarou mumbled.

"Do you need anything for your trip? Are you all ready to go?" Mia asked worriedly, stepping into the tent.

"By any chance do you have a long sleeved shirt?" Satarou thought he would ask. He was ashamed to be seen with these snakes on his arm. Until he found out why they appeared, he wanted to keep it as much of a secret as possible.

Mia was about to ask why he would need sleeves, but refrained when she took one look at his arms. "I can see what I can find for you." Walking over to her bag in the top left corner of the tent, she let out a little hum as she began to dig through all of the clothing she owned. She gave a small dance when she found what she was looking for. "Will this work for you?"

"Yes, it will" Satarou replied, "thank you." He took the shirt from the kind woman, and they left him to change into it, knowing he needed some alone time.

The teen let out a sigh as he pulled off the current shirt he was wearing. He tossed it on the floor and was about to put on his new shirt when he realized the mysterious cobra tattoo had spread so it was now wrapping around his shoulder and ribs. In shock, he lightly touched one of the cobra's and they appeared to glow under his touch.

"What is this?" Satarou asked in awe, "why did you appear all of the sudden?"

Startled by the sight of his tattoos, he decided to put on his long sleeved shirt. Yes, these tattoos were definitely something he was going to hide for as long as possible. He was going to find out why those tattoos had appeared. With that thought in mind, he buttoned up his shirt. It was a raven black coat. There were four buttons spaced out on the coat, as well as two buckles around the bottom, and a final buckle around the neck. There were buttons on each cuff as well. He still had his wounds all over his body, as Mia nor Rox were actual healers. But, they did their best to lessen his pain and he wasn't going to let the pain stop him from returning to his clan.

Leaving the tent, he decided to look for Mia and Rox. It didn't take him long to find them as they were by the nearby steps talking to a girl. Upon closer inspecton, he noticed that she had light brown hair that was tied into a bun, and light, ash gray colored eyes. She looked about five foot tall. Sniffing the air, he recognized her as werewolf. She had two twin boys clinging to her legs and smiling up at Mia and Rox.

"Oh, Satarou!" Mia called when she noticed him approaching, "why don't you meet the clan leader here in the Amber clan before you leave?" Satarou nodded and walked over to the lady.

"So you are Mia and Rox's lost son?" the lady asked without any emotion crossing her face. Her voice was completely monotonous.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean they are my family" Satarou told her.

"Of course not" she said, "Amber Roberson, twenty-eight years old. I am the leader of the Amber clan, and I will destroy you if any harm comes to my clan." It was scary how even her voice was, but Satarou didn't dare back down. He wasn't afraid of anything.

"Satarou. No last name. Seventeen years old. I am a member of the Bloodstone clan" Satarou said, making his voice just as even, and his face just as emotionless.

Sniffing the air, Amber smelled blood. "Where did you get those injuries?"

"I fought with Casper from Moonstone" Satarou replied.