The Tree

Castiel and Dean walked into the Grand Suite, along with Gabriel. Dean, as always, held the door for the two older gentlemen and then followed himself. Gabriel set his stuff down and then clapped his hands, looking at Dean and Castiel.

"I think that dinner was quite a success!" Gabriel grinned. He swiftly slid his jacket off and held it out for Dean to take and put it up. Dean grabbed it and set it on the coat hanger. He looked over at Castiel and held his hand out for Castiel's jacket. Castiel slid his off too and handed it over to Dean. Dean set it up along with his own.

"I agree." Castiel nodded. "I think that was a lovely dinner. Thank you for inviting us Gabriel."

Gabriel waved his hand. "Quit being so polite. We're family. It's the least I could do."

Castiel chuckled softly. "Okay."

"Well, I am going to go to bed. It's-" he looked down at his watch. "... twelve-thirty! That's actually pretty good. We made decent time, honestly. I wasn't expecting to be home until one in the morning."

"Would you like me to get you a late night drink?" Dean asked quietly. Gabriel shook his head.

"No. I have some whiskey in my suitcase."

Dean nodded curtly. Gabriel waved to Castiel and Dean and then walked to his room, closing the door behind him. Dean turned to Castiel, feeling his cheeks warm. "So, I guess I'm going to be staying for a while."

Castiel chuckled. "Yes, I believe so. If it's not too late for you, would you like to help me set up the tree?" he asked softly.

Dean smiled. "I'd love to."

Castiel grinned. "Okay. Let's get out of these suits, shall we? I have a spare pair of sweatpants that you can borrow."

Dean nodded his head and they both walked to the back bedroom. Dean let Castiel go first and then he followed. Castiel walked over to the closet, telling Dean to wait just a moment. Dean looked around the master bedroom. Castiel had a king sized bed with a black box frame and a black canopy frame, a white curtain on top of it. The covers were a chocolate brown and the pillows were a deep sea blue, like Castiel's eyes. Dean ran his fingers along the blanket leisurely, feeling the smooth fabric against his fingertips. He heard Castiel walk out of the closet.

"Here you go," Castiel said quietly as he handed Dean a pair of black sweatpants and a white V-neck. Dean looked up and went to say 'thank you', when he saw a shirtless Castiel watching him intently.

Dean looked over his body, wanting so badly to touch it. But he refrained himself. Dean could see Castiel's slender hip bones again, forming his perfect V-line. Dean tried to ignore the six-pack that was staring back at him along with Castiel's biceps. Castiel stood there for a moment watching Dean curiously.

"Are you alright?" he asked, holding a gray shirt in his hands. Dean looked up at him, biting his lip and then nodded his head.

"Yes. I'm good. Let's go, uh, get that tree set up." Castiel nodded and then they both walked out to the living room. Dean sighed and then looked at Castiel who was now wearing a gray shirt. "So where is the tree?"

"It's in the closet," Castiel said, pointing over to the closet door that was by the main doors of the Grand Suite. Dean walked over and opened it, seeing an eight-foot-tree box in the center. He grabbed it tightly and then walked back to Castiel, closing the door behind him. He set the tree on the coffee table and then looked up at Castiel.

"So where are we going to set it?" Dean asked, looking around the living room. Castiel bit his lip and then pointed over to the left corner of the room.

"Over there seems like a good spot."

"Okay." Dean said. "Let's get to work."

______

After two hours of twisting and turning, snapping and breaking, clicking and connecting, Dean and Castiel finally set the eight foot tree up. Dean was panting softly as Castiel slid over to the wall and plugged the tree in, the tree coming to life as the lights started to twinkle. Dean watched them dance and sparkle as Castiel grinned with pride.

"We did it." he smiled, crossing his arms against his chest.

Dean stood up, standing next to Castiel as the tree continued to twinkle. "Yes, we did."

Castiel looked over at Dean, watching him intently. "We make a pretty good team." Castiel said softly.

Dean looked at Castiel and smiled. "Yeah, we do."

Castiel gasped. "Hold on. Let me go turn the lights off so that we can get the full effect."

Dean grinned and watched as Castiel ran to the kitchen and turned the lights off. Then he ran to the hallway and then finally the lamp in the living room. He walked back over to Dean, his eyes filled with joy as he watched the lights glow, filling the room with a dim golden light. Dean chuckled a little. "You really like Christmas, huh?"

Castiel nodded as he looked at Dean. "Yes, I do."

Dean smiled warmly at Castiel as he looked back at the tree. Dean studied his features; his sharp jaw with a faint stubble, his thin nose, his extremely plump lips...

Dean inhaled slightly and bit his lip. Castiel peered over at Dean.

"What?" he asked softly, touching his face. "Do I have something on my cheek?"

Dean felt his heart skip a beat and he laughed slightly. "No, no. I was sort of dozing off, sorry."

Castiel chuckled but then his smile faded. "Is that light out?" he frowned. Dean looked at where he was pointing but he couldn't see anything.

"What light?" Dean asked, his brows furrowing.

Castiel got down on his knees and pointed towards the back. "That one."

Deciding to get a closer look, he got down onto his knees and leaned close to where Castiel was pointing. "I don't see anything," he said, sitting up and looking at Cass.

Cass sighed. "I don't know. Maybe I saw something."

Castiel stood up slowly and Dean followed. "Well, I am officially worn out." Dean sighed.

Castiel nodded. "I agree."

Dean looked around. "Where are some spare blankets?"

Castiel raised an eyebrow. "Spare blanket?"

"Yeah, for me to sleep with."

"Oh. Actually, I was going to sleep on the couch." Castiel said. "I was going to let you sleep in my bed."

Dean frowned. "I can't sleep in your bed. That's not right."

Castiel waved his hand. "I honestly don't mind. My back has been quite sore as of recently anyways. It'll be good to sleep on something firm."

Dean shook his head. "No, it's not ri-"

"Dean, /please/. I insist." Castiel said, giving him the puppy dog look.

Dean sighed and then nodded his head. "Alright, fine. But /only/ for tonight."

Castiel chuckled. "Okay."

"Can I get you any blankets?"

"No, I can get them on my own."

"Are you sure, because I-"

"Go to /bed/, Dean." Castiel smiled.

Dean sighed and the chuckled. "Alright. Goodnight Castiel."

"Goodnight, Dean."