Chapter 5.

*

Aubrey.

I let out a deep sigh as I locked the door and rested my back against it. I was seconds away from banging my head, but I decided not to. A short while after, I simply stood debating what to do, until I figured a shower would be great right about now. Releasing the stress and tension out of my system is exactly what I needed.

Preparing the things I needed, I triple checked the lock making sure it was closed, and went to take a shower. Stripping down, I stepped under the water as it cascaded down my nude body; I immediately felt all the knots I had diminish, as if they hadn't existed.

Bliss. Heaven. This was simply a euphoria of all showers I've ever taken in my life.

Time was uninterrupted as I stood under the hot rainfall, enjoying the feeling that ran through my veins. Deciding that it was enough, I turned off the water, drying myself with a towel, and stepped onto the cold tile. I quickly got dressed into a pair of yoga bottoms and a t-shirt that I'd laid out earlier. I could feel the colder temperature and regretted not bringing a sweater with me. 

There was something odd about being here; and it was confusing me as to why I felt so incredibly comfortable in this specific house.

Walking back into the bedroom, towel drying my hair, I let it fall down against the fabric on my back. I began to hear some music being played outside, with some voices chattering — it was clear that the party had started.

Harry said that I could either stay in the room or go outside, there was no chance that I wanted to join him and whoever else in the living room. There wasn't too much else to do, so I pulled out my tablet from my bag and decided to watch a movie. Scrolling through the list I had stored, I decided to watch another classic Aubrey Hepburn film — Funny Face. It's such shocker. I guess you could say I was a tad obsessed and had most of her work in my library.

Spreading out on the bed, laying on my stomach, and rested my head on my forearms. Just as I was about to play it, a crashing noise of something breaking outside. Sounds of laughter and yelling were mixed through the music. I neared the door, debating whether or not to open it to see what the ruckus was about — I decided the latter. I mean, a small peak wouldn't hurt.

Slowly, I unlocked the handle, and opened the door just enough to see into the living room. Counting about at least twenty people filled the space, some already seemed drunk, dancing to the music, others just mingling around. Louis was sat upon the couch, a beer in hand, talking to someone. On the ground in the kitchen was a vase that'd been broken into several pieces. A few were around it, not seeming to care that they could get step on sharp glass if they moved their feet just a little bit. I shook my head at their lack of logic. Harry was standing by the large window, chatting with a pretty blonde, but he didn't seem too engaged in their conversation. My hand slipped slightly and the door opened more, and for my splendid luck, it squeaked. My focus turned back up to everyone seeing if they'd noticed; almost everyone didn't, except for one.

Harry's eyes darted straight into mine and I shut the door as fast I possible could, making my way back sitting on the bed.

Stop meddling, Aubrey. It's not your place.

But he did say I could go outside, so he shouldn't get bothered or mad at me.

In a way, I was spying...was that part of his offer?

Swiftly, I got back into my previous position, and pressed play on the film. A heartwarming romantic comedy was exactly what I needed. About five minutes in, as Ms. Prescott realised that the colour pink would save her entire magazine issue, was when I noticed the door being opened — Harry.