Chapter 74.

A/N:

e·mo·tion·al:
the definition of this chapter.

As an author (and a reader), it's hard for me to be affected by books (or certain chapters), and this chapter, and the ones to come, I've cried writing them. I hope you enjoy the chapter.

(^Also that isn't how I picture Aubrey, but yeah, carry on.)

Please don't forget to vote and comment! It really means so much to me that you do so.

S x

Song for the chapter:

How Am I Supposed To Live My Life Without You - Michael Bolton

Aubrey's POV.

This must be a joke or something. Someone must have decided to play a prank on me or try and get me to change my mind about him. This wasn't real. It couldn't be.

"You must be j-joking, yeah? Please tell me you're joking. Please tell me that this some kind of sick joke. H-Harry can't be in an accident, no. No! Where is he?" My hand automatically travelled to my heart, feeling the lightning speed drumming that was happening. My body was numb and legs were far from stable. The silence was killing me. "Is he -?"

"No, no - at least, that's what we last heard." Natalie spoke, lowly and uncertain.

If it weren't for Eleanor who was right by my side, grabbing ahold of me, I would definitely be lying on the ground. This was too much.

"W-where is he?" I could barely make out words.

"London Bridge Hospital. He was taken into emergency forty-five minutes ago." Natalie's words rung in my ears as loud as the bong's that came from Big Ben.

I was immediately out the door without processing anything else she had to say after that. I honestly had no idea what was quicker, the taxi or the Tube, but I ran to the nearest major street to catch a cab. The girls rushed after me, calling my name, but I couldn't stop or look back at them. All I knew was that I needed to get to the hospital. I needed to be by Harry's side.

..

The ride to the hospital felt like hours, rather than the mere twenty minutes or so, that it actually took. Just before the vehicle fully stopped, I opened the door, rushing towards the hospital entrance. I knew it was dangerous, but I didn't care. If the other girls weren't there, the driver would definitely have thought that I was stealing a free ride.

I ran through the automatic double doors to emergency and waited for the receptionist who was intaking a patient's information. I went from tapping my foot on the ground to jumping in my spot as I tried to stay put. Of course, that was completely impossible.

There were so many other people here, most sitting, some standing, and all of them awaiting their turn to be checked by a doctor. It was after clinic hours and many seemed like they just wanted something for the flu they had. Some were here because they had coughs, others for small bleeds, others for what it seemed like they had a broken bone, and one who looked like he was almost beaten to death in an alley - death.

As soon as an elderly woman in a wheelchair, and what seemed like her son, drove her away, I practically thumped forwards to the desk.

"Where is he?" I spoke to the receptionist, loudly, my voice filled with pain and worry. It was too late for me to care that my eyes were all puffy and red from the tears that had previously shed.

"Excuse me, who -"

"Harry Styles, where is Harry Styles?" I spoke too fast, I don't think she properly comprehended what I spoke.