Chapter 17.

Harry's POV*

The sun streamed in for the third day in a row today. This was odd for London, but I suppose it's alright. Aubrey seems happy with the sun, let her soak up some Vitamin D. I got out of bed slowly, it was only eight-thirty. But it seemed so much earlier. I guess everything was. Everything was happening a lot earlier than it all seemed. My life right now is on the verge of collapsing back into what my father already unintentionally dragged me into. Aubrey is the only thing stopping any of it from happening again. I couldn't go back to how I was, I was a ruthless human being that shouldn't have even walked the earth at the time. 

Slowly getting out of bed, I washed up, and went to the kitchen. There was some noise coming from the other bedroom, I guess Natalie was already awake. I turned around to make some coffee, it wasn't a tea kind of morning. It definitely wasn't. Once I filled the coffee pot, I pulled to get a mug, when I heard the door behind me open. 

"Oh sorry, did I wake you?" A high-pitched voice spoke from behind me. 

"No, I just woke up early. I figured you'd be asleep, sorry if I disturbed you." I told her, turning around. She wasn't the typical girl I would imagine Aubrey to be friends with. But then again, if people saw how Louis and I were friends, they would most-likely say the same thing. "Would you like some coffee?"

"I already made a pot on my own, but washed it out a little while ago. Just something I'm used to, also I thought it'd be nice since I'm staying in your home. But sure, there's never a dull moment without coffee." She smiled leaning over the kitchen island counter. She was wearing some old clothes that were covered with paint, there was even some over her skin. Nodding my head in response, I added more water to the pot. 

"I can tell that you don't really like me. You don't know me, but you don't like me." She said out of the blue. 

"What are you insisting?" I asked her. She was partially right. 

"The way you look at me, it's almost as if in disgust or something. I've had my fair share of guys' appreciation, but yours is different." Her rebuttal was quite true. 

"You're right. But also, don't forget, I do have a girlfriend. She's your best friend, if I look at you in a way other than in a despised way, it's called cheating." I told her, which I think was the safest response to go. I did not want to make it seem like I was interested, since I wasn't. But also so that she didn't know that I did not have a particular liking for her. 

"Fair enough, Styles. I like you though, you're a nice guy, which is a plus. You know Aubrey hasn't had a boyfriend before, and you are her first. So I just want you to know, if you play games with her, you respond to me." Her tone was crystal clear. I knew what she was implying on and I knew nothing was going to happen.

"Thank you for your concern though, but don't worry about me. I'm just as loyal as a bird is to their mate." I told her beginning to smile, as was she after hearing what I said. The coffee was ready and I poured it for the two of us, that's when I saw Aubrey come out from the bedroom. 

"Morning babe, want some coffee?" I asked her as she began to near me. She looked confused, but who could say anything. The situation of Natalie and I was something to confused her.

"Sure, black please. I have a headache. I think it was everything from last night." She spoke out softly, her hand placed on her head. "Morning Nattie, I see that the art has already kept you from sleeping."

"It's almost always like that." She laughed, taking a sip from her coffee cup. "You should know. So far London is good luck, I've been up for a few hours, painted one piece, and just started a second a little while ago. Anyway, I'll take my coffee, and leave you two together."