Chapter 53.

Song for the chapter:

Wannabe - Spice Girls

Aubrey's POV*

"Eleanor, calm down." Natalie spoke as El paced through her living room. Harry was sat on the edge of the couch, probably thinking we were all insane. El finally sat down on her navy accent chair. She was shaking, the poor girl.

Harry, Gemma, Natalie, and I met at El's place at almost the same time. Each of us knew that there were things left to be done; yet, we also knew that the bride herself was definitely acting out because of everything and anything. The main problem were that us bridesmaids, didn't have any dresses, and were informed only two days ago. We'd all known last night when we got together, but there was nothing we could do about it between all of us' work and school, so it was today that was our last chance - and only chance, to finish things. Louis had prepared almost everything from A-Z that a wedding needed, I guess he just missed the B - bridesmaids.

"I can't calm down! My mum gets here this evening and Louis is who knows where, I don't know if he's going to pick her up. I called and texted him a hundred times, he's not answering." Eleanor put her hands on her face, then rested them on her knees.

"El, relax. Gems, Nattie and I will go to the dress shop and find dresses. Trust me." I put my hand on her shoulder.

"I'll call Louis and see where he is." Harry got up and walked towards me.

"I'll be right back." I said and pulled him to the door. "If we're going to get dresses, and you're going to find Louis, who's going to stay with her? She can't be left alone."

We all knew that Liam was out finalising the last few details that were left, so he wasn't a valid option at this needed time. I just hoped Harry had some sort of solution for it.

"Hmm. Alright, I'll call Liam and he'll figure this all out. I'll stay with her." So Liam might work. Fingers crossed.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yes, now go."

"El, we'll be back. We won't be long." I assured her, as my feet led me towards where she sat.

"Oh El, what colour did you want our dresses to be by the way?" Natalie spoke, and her eyes darted quick at her. I nudged Nat slightly. "I'm kidding. Just some wedding humour."

I took hold of Natalie's arm and pulled her out the door. "Natalie, that's not humour."

"Alright, I'm sorry; but she seriously needs to calm down." She said and I nodded.

Liam had dropped her off, so we called a taxi to take us to the dress shop. It only then occurred to us that we could have taken the Tube, but our minds weren't with fully with us. Louis wasn't here to drive us and Harry had to stay with El; and there was just no way any of us would be allowed to take his car. He trusted only me, but I've never driven it, nor do I have a licence and can't even know how to handle a stick shift vehicle.

We'd already searched online for the design we all agreed on and double checked that they were in stock. It was a good thing that we had something already in mind and planned, even though the action wasn't taken. It was better than nothing.

As the cab pulled up to the curb, Gemma and Natalie quickly hopped in, but then I saw Harry scurry back towards me. "Did I forget any-?"

He took me in close and crashed his lips on mine. He moved quickly, but tenderly. He took my breath away. We both pulled apart and looked at each other, with wide smiles. His fingers then pushed back a strand of hair behind my ear.