Chapter 28.

Harry's POV*

"How was your call?" I asked her while I got back in bed.

"It was good. My mum just wanted to catch up since I hadn't talked to her the past couple days. She also says 'hi'. I also messaged Gemma to ask if she was free to hang out tomorrow after work, but she didn't respond. I'll check it in the morning. Why are you out of bed, well, back in it again?"

"Tell her my regards the next time you talk with her." I tried to put on a decent smile. "Sounds like fun, did you make any plans?" I disregarded her last question.

"No. We might go shopping though, it's been a while. I don't need anything, she was looking for something for an important meeting she mentioned something about."

"Splendid." Splendid? Think before you speak Styles. "Uhm, how's about we watch something before we sleep. Your pick tonight."

"Sure! I thought you were tired though."

"I'm alright, we can lay in the living room."

"Hmm, that's a nice idea." She walked over to me, wrapping her arms around my neck. "We could cuddle if you want." Her voice was soft and tender.

"I wouldn't ever deny doing anything with you." I put my hands on her waist and pulled her in for a kiss. Her hair was wet against my skin, but I didn't mind.

"Let me just take a quick shower. I just realized I didn't take one." I let out a small laugh and stroked my head with my hand.

"Okay, but don't take too long. Your tea will get cold, since it's been a while anyway. And oh, I will start watching it without you 'cause I won't pause it." She laughed and went into the living room.

I closed the door, walked towards the dresser, and picked up my phone. I glanced back at the screen, taking a good look at the sender and the message. My thoughts were rendered speechless. I shook my head, deleted the text, and went off to shower. I just hoped that this won't carry on.

..

Aubrey and I woke up a little later than we planned. We both got ready as fast as possible, got some cups of coffee on our way out, and rushed to work. Our evening went as planned; watched a movie in the living room, but we both ended up falling asleep mid-way. I woke up in the middle of the night, carried my love back into the bedroom, and forgot to turn on the alarm on from my phone; guess I could secretly say that it was entirely my fault.

"Hey mate. What's the rush today? Is Aubrey late for her meeting?" I walked into the office and Aubrey followed along. Liam greeted me as soon as he saw me.

"To be honest Harry, there is no meeting. I just had to give you both some excuse to actually come into work. Nicholson's been a little on edge lately, no one knows why. He just wants everyone in, on time, and doing the work in front of him.

"Hi Liam, am I late?" Aubrey said panting, as she carried a few extra things and designs from the car. I had no idea she even put anything in the trunk.

"There's no meeting. Liam lied to get us both here." My eyes went straight towards her, to try and calm her down, but I failed.

"What? Liam, thank you for having me get all worked up over nothing! You could have just told us to come in. We were going to either way."

"What's the deal if I lied or not, you're both here." Liam's tone was neutral, something wasn't right with the mood in the office.

"What's the deal? Liam I really can't hand—" I held out my arm so that Aubrey couldn't reach Liam.