Chapter 55.

Firstly, I'd like to mention that my story has won 3rd place for the Have A Chance Contest and it's my first accomplishment! I'd like to thank all of my readers and everyone who has supported me throughout my writing journey! Much love as always!

Also just a little pre-note, I've posted a couple of Harry's POV excerpts in another chapter (before this one) from Part II of the wedding. If you haven't read it, then feel free to pop back one and take a read!

Enjoy!

Songs for the chapter:

Sunday Morning - Maroon 5
The Word - The Beatles

Harry's POV.

Her eyes fluttered open and close and I froze as soon as I heard those words. Where did she come up with that thought? I didn't expect that from her. We were in the middle of something and suddenly, this.

"What?" I was still stunned.

"If you and I didn't —"

"No, I heard you. I'm just confused. Why'd you think about that now?"

"I'm just curious."

I took a deep breath before I spoke. "To be honest, I haven't really thought about it. I mean, I did have high hopes that I'd see you again. I guess if I didn't have this chance, I might have been living in the past for a long time."

"I know you said you've only really been with Emma, but what about secondary? Did you have a girlfriend in school?"

"I can't lie and say that I haven't been on dates in school, because I have, but they never lasted. It'd usually just be one night and that's it. I was asked out a lot and couldn't really say no.

"What about prom? Do you guys have prom here?" She asked and I chuckled.

"Yeah, we do. I went with someone, but she left with some other guy."

"Oh I'm so sorry."

"I was actually happy." I grinned. "She was annoying. What about you?"

"I did go, but with Natalie. She had a date and I was basically a third wheel. I didn't really enjoy it."

"Babe, I'm sorry." I reached out to rub her knee.

"It's okay. I guess it was just hard seeing so many couples and then, there was just, me."

"You've never been asked out?" I wasn't jealous by hearing what she said. On the contraire, sadness overcame me, but I didn't show it. How could someone like her not be asked out? She's gorgeous and has a great personality.

"I have. Several guys, but unlike you, I turned them all down; except for one. He seemed nice, but turned out to be a jerk, so I poured my drink over him, then left."

"You've always known how to stand your own." I grinned and she smiled, knowing what I meant. I loved her tough exterior to strangers who she felt the need to keep her guard up; that strong personality to treat someone coldly who's not nice to her — which I know, first hand.

"I guess so. But Harry, you still didn't really answer my question. I meant a long lasting relationship — marriage."

I sighed. "Babe, I really don't know."

"I don't believe you." She crossed her arms. Was she serious? Somehow this turned into a one-eighty and I had no idea where this was coming from.

"It's true."

"Okay, well, I still want to know. So think about it." She leaned back a bit and waited it out.