5. Parties and Secrets

Josh's POV

"Ugh" Maya moans in annoyance as she works on a problem from her homework making me glance up from my own.

"Everything okay?" I ask carefully. I figure it's not out of line to ask since I was supposed to be tutoring her.

"Could you maybe check this?" she asks, sounding annoyed at herself for having to actually ask me a question.

"That's kinda why I'm here" I laugh as I take the homework sheet from her hands. I glance at the work and refrain from laughing when it clicks as to why she's struggling. "Still struggling with fractions" I smile as I look up at her.

"Maybe" she sighs as she runs her fingers through her long blonde locks making me bite my lip. Damn she was gorgeous.

"You forgot to multiply by the reciprocal. Otherwise you did everything right" I assure her as I hand her back the worksheet.

"Thanks" she smiles.

"Hey Josh" I hear from behind me making me sigh as I turn around in my seat.

"Meg" I say politely as I look up at one of my usual hookups.

"You coming to the party tonight?" she asks as her eyes run over my body making me cringe. I hated it when girls looked at me like that, especially in front of Maya.

"Of course" I assure her as I keep my eyes locked on her's, not wanting to glance back at Maya.

"Good. Find me" she smirks as she struts off.

"She's lovely" Maya scoffs making me roll my eyes as I turn back around to face her.

"Just do your math."

~ 📚 ~

Maya's POV

Why do girls have to hit on Josh in front of me? Am I invisible? Better yet why do I care? These questions have been swimming around in my head all day and I was on a mission to make them stop. I had to get to that party, I just had to convince Riley first.

"What are we doing tonight?" I ask as Riley and I walk into the loft after school though I already know the answer.

"Just watching Red Planet Diaries" she shrugs making a smirk pull at my lips as I see my opportunity.

"Nope. We're going to that party" I say seriously making Riley sigh.

"No we are not. We are staying home like the well behaved sophomores we are. It's a college party anyway, the only high schoolers invited are seniors" she points out making me roll my eyes.

"We're girls and we're hot. We'll have no issues" I assure her. "We're going to that party."

~ 📚 ~

"I told you" I smile as we walk into the party that was being held in the dorms at NYU. It was weird being here again after the last party I crashed here was to see Josh and there was a lot less drinking.

"Maya we shouldn't be here. There are people drinking and doing other things" she says making me roll my eyes.

"Calm down. I'm going to get a drink. Mingle" I instruct her before walking off to get a beer when I run into someone.

"We really need to stop meeting like this" the boy says making my heart flutter as my eyes land on Ben.

"Ben. What a coincidence" I smile as I look up into his piercing blue eyes.

"Aren't you a sophomore? What are you doing at a party like this?" he asks making me shrug.

"Looking for a good time" I smile. "Why don't you get me a drink" I suggest.