47. Nervous or Excited

Maya's POV

The next morning I wake up to the sound of water running in the bathroom and an empty bed. I glance over at the clock and realize we have about fourty-five minutes until we're supposed to be downstairs and heading over to Feeny's. I climb out of bed and walk over to grab my bag. I pick it up and move it over to the bed so I can dig through it. I had no idea what Josh had planned for today so I had no idea what to put on. I sigh and make the decision to knock on the bathroom door. "Josh" I shout through the door. Nothing. "Joshua" I try again. "Babe" I shout even louder. I groan in frustration as I try the knob. It turns. I step inside at the exact moment he steps out of the shower and my eyes betray me and head directly south.

"Maya" he exclaims as he grabs a towel and wraps it around himself. A blush rises on my cheeks as I raise my gaze.

"Sorry" I apologize quickly. "I just uh" I stutter, a little flustered. "I wanted to know what to wear today. You didn't give me any kind of idea as to what we're doing today."

"We're just going around town. No need to dress up" he insists.

"Oh um okay" I reply as I gnaw my bottom lip. "I'll uh leave you to get dressed" I add as I leave the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I lean against it, trying to catch my breath for a few seconds but before I'm able the door gives and I'm being pulled back in. "Josh" I try but he cuts me off with his lips. I moan against his lips as he attempts to deepen the kiss while I stumble back into the counter. "We have breakfast" I remind him as I push him back.

"I know" he groans. "It's a lot harder to control myself around you without the threat of parents walking in every two seconds" he admits making my blush deepen.

"Get dressed" I smirk as I brush past him and leave the room. I shut the door and walk over to my bag to pull out an outfit. I decide on a pair of jeans and a red off the shoulder top. I slip into a pair of black booties and leave my hair in waves around my shoulders. Just as I finish brushing my hair Josh walks out of the bathroom in a pair of black jeans and a white v-neck. My mouth goes dry at the sight of him. The shirt hugged his biceps beautifully and the definition of his chest was evident beneath the tight fabric. And of course his signature black jeans that fit him like a second skin.

"Ready?" he questions as he pockets his wallet.

"Mhm" I nod, unable to form a sentence. I follow him out of the room and downstairs. We walk out into the yard and he opens the fence separating the two houses. He knocks on the door before letting himself in.

"Feeny" he shouts as we walk further into the house until we reach the kitchen where his wife is seated at the table reading the paper while he cooks breakfast. "Morning Feeny" he smiles making the man turn around.

"Mr. Matthews. Ms. Hunter" he greets us. "Please have a seat" he insists. I sit beside his wife and we share a smile.

"Hunter?" the woman thinks, "as in Shawn Hunter?" she asks as she looks up at her husband.

"The very same" he nods as he places plates of pancakes, bacon, and sausage in front of Josh and I. "This is his step-daughter" he explains.

"Oh" she brightens. "It's so nice to finally meet you. We were thrilled when Shawn finally settled down. He and Cory are the reason that George and I are together" she explains.

"Really?" I ask as he pours me a glass of orange juice. I thank him before returning my attention to his wife.

"Yes" she nods as she folds the newspaper and rests her elbows on the table. "In fact it was a group effort, Eric, Shawn, Angela, Topanga, and Cory" she laughs as she reminisces. "Even Rachel and Jack" she adds. "They all believed George and I belonged together."