29. Chalkboards and Phone Calls

Trigger Warning: Teen Pregnancy/Abortion 

Maya is NOT pregnant, someone else in the story is. This storyline will be focused on for a few of the next upcoming chapters so I just wanted to warn you all before you dove into the chapter!

~ 📚 ~

Maya's POV

"Maya Penelope Hunter it's time to get up! Do not make me bust down this door" my mom shouts, waking me up the next morning. I definitely stayed at Josh and Riley's way too late last night, I was exhausted.

"Five more minutes" I shout back as I bury my head in the pillow.

"Don't make me ban you from going to Riley's on weeknights" my mom replies making me moan in annoyance as I sit up and climb out of bed, padding over to my door. I throw it open and find my annoyed mother on the other side.

"Morning mom" I say softly as I rub the sleep from my eyes, trying to adjust to the sunlight streaming into the hallway behind my mother.

"Get ready for school, your father is taking you" she says matter of factly as she walks off down the hallway, not waiting for my reply. I sigh, shutting the door and walking over to my closet. I pull out a pair of leggings and a dark yellow floral dress before slipping into a pair of brown flats. I throw my hair up and head downstairs to eat breakfast.

"You look exhausted kiddo" my dad points out as I sit down at the table across from him, taking a couple pancakes from the center of the table and piling them on my plate.

"I am" I yawn as I pour on some syrup while my mom places a glass of orange juice in front of me. "Thank you" I smile up at my mom as I take a sip.

"So I'm assuming things are better with the boyfriend" my dad says making a smile pull at my lips as I bring my fork to my mouth.

"Mhm" I nod. "And as soon as we bust Mike life is going to be absolutely perfect" I add happily as I take a sip of my juice.

"I hope so kiddo" my dad smiles as he looks at his watch. "You ready to go? I don't want you to be late."

"Yea" I exclaim as I hop out of my seat and rush over to grab my backpack before pulling on my jacket. "Let's go" I smile as I pull open the door.

~ 📚 ~

Josh's POV

"It's just Shawn and Katy, do you really think you need to go through all this trouble?" I laugh as I walk down the stairs the next morning finding Topanga flitting around the kitchen taking inventory of everything on the counter.

"It has to be perfect" she replies without looking up from her task. "Life has been a roller coaster for the past year and I just want something to go right. This is going to be perfect" she repeats as I pull the box of frozen waffles out of the freezer.

"Okay" I reply in surrender as I pull out a few waffles and pop them into the toaster. "It will be Pangers don't worry" I assure her as I kiss her cheek making a smile pull at her lips. As I pull back I notice a few tears brimming her eyes making me look at her confused. "What's wrong?"

"You haven't called me that in forever" she cries as she wipes rapidly at her falling tears. "Sorry" she apologizes with a chuckle.

I shake my head as I pull her in for a hug. "You don't have to apologize" I insist. "If anything I should apologize, I've been a mess but I'm getting better."

"I know sweetie" she replies as she pulls back to look at me. "I am so proud of you for turning your life around."

"Thank you" I smile as my eyes fill with tears. I blink them away as my waffles pop up.