13. Past and Present

Maya's POV

"You're going out. Again. I'm shocked" Riley says annoyed making me glad we're only talking on the phone so she can't kill me.

"Yep" I reply snippily. "I'll be there tomorrow though" I add and I hear the air leave her lungs, as I've caught her in a lie.

"How do you know about that?" she asks quickly causing me to roll my eyes as I smooth out my dress. I was wearing a dark green number that hugged my hips and had a neckline that plunged low enough that I knew I could compete easily with any girls at the party vying for my boyfriend's attention.

"Don't worry about how I know. Riles are you seriously this pissed at me because I enjoy being around Josh?"

"I'm not pissed that you like being around him. I'm pissed because I know he's playing you and you're setting yourself up for disaster."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence" I sigh as I glance at the clock. Josh would be here any minute. "I gotta go Riles. I'll see you tomorrow" I add as I hang up the phone, receiving a text immediately from Josh. Time to party.

~ 📚 ~

Josh's POV

"I'm gonna go find a bathroom. I'll be right back" Maya smiles as she leans up to kiss me before leaving my side. I take the opportunity to fetch another beer but of course this turns out to be a mistake because I run right into Beth. The blonde from the picture a few weeks ago.

"Hello again stranger" she smirks as she places her hand on my chest.

"Personal space" I reply gently as I take a step back from her.

"You didn't seem to mind it a few weeks ago" she smiles seductively as she steps towards me, grabbing my belt in her hand and pulling me closer.

"Well I mind now" I say sternly as I remove her hand from my belt.

"Come on, we had fun. I could please you in ways that sophomore couldn't dream" she replies making me angry. She had no right to say a word about Maya.

"That sophomore is my girlfriend and I'd suggest you back the fuck off unless you want her to kick your ass" I snip angrily.

"Josh" I hear Maya say, causing me to turn and face her. "Everything okay?" she asks worriedly as I escape the claws of Beth and make my way over to her.

"Fine now that you're back" I smile as I lean forward to kiss her. "Let's go upstairs" I suggest causing her face to flush as I lead her up the staircase and into Brad's dorm room. "This is Brad's room. He's a friend of mine" I explain as I close the door behind me.

"It's nice" she compliments as she looks around. There is a single bed in the left corner of the room, a desk against the right wall and a small couch in the right corner next to a mini fridge. Maya leans against the desk and gnaws her lip causing me to grow nervous. Did she think I was coming onto Beth? I hoped not or this was over as fast as it started.

"You've hooked up with eight people" she starts causing me to nod.

"Yes" I reply honestly as she glances up at me.

"Beth, Meg, Bridget, random mall girl, that's four" she trails off as I rub my neck nervously.

"Random mall girl. Her name is Rachel. The other's names are Zoey, Ana, Leah, and Molly."

"The Molly girl that throws stoner parties?" she asks causing me to sigh as I rub my neck.

"Mhm" I reply causing her to raise an eyebrow at me in intrigue.