33. Confusion and Trust

Maya's POV

When my eyes flutter open it's dark. Moonlight is streaming in from my windows and I'm filled with panic as my eyes land on my boyfriend asleep beside me. I quickly turn to find my phone, I press the on button and my heart drops out of my chest.

It was past midnight. Josh and I had fallen asleep and my parents surely found us.

I hop out of bed and notice my door is shut. I know it was open when we settled in for the movie. Why would my parents shut it?

I open it slowly and tiptoe downstairs. I'm not shocked in the slightest to see my dad on the couch watching television. "Hey kiddo" he says without looking my way. He may not be my biological dad but no one would guess by the relationship the two of us had, he could always sense when I was around.

"Hey" I say softly, walking down the steps. "When did you and mom get home?" I ask curiously, trying to keep my tone light, trying to keep the panic out of my voice.

"About an hour ago" he replies nonchalantly. "Did we wake you?" he asks as I shake my head, "so why are you up?" he chuckles.

"You aren't mad at me?"

"Um should I be?" he laughs, muting the television as he looks at me intrigued.

"Josh is in my room" I reply making him laugh as he nods his head.

"Uh huh I know" he replies.

"Why the hell aren't you pissed?" I exclaim as he pats the seat beside him. I reluctantly go to sit beside him.

"Did you have sex with Josh tonight?" he asks bluntly making my eyes go wide.

"What? No" I exclaim though I shouldn't be so defensive, I did throw myself at him. "I mean" I sigh, "he turned me down" I admit. My dad's lips pull into a smile and I can't help the laugh that causes to bubble out of me.

"I like him a little more now" he smirks making me chuckle. "Look" he says as he puts his hand on my leg. "You're my daughter and I love you. I only want what's best for you and I want you to be happy. Josh seems to be that person for you" he says seriously. "I didn't get upset when I saw you two, well one because you were on top of the blankets, clothed, and a movie was playing" he starts, "and also" he sighs, "because waking you up and demanding that he leave would do nothing but push you away."

"I love him" I whisper as he nods.

"I know" he smiles, "just" he sighs, "god I can't believe I'm actually about to say this" he mutters. "Be sure and for the love of god be careful. I'll kill him if you come home pregnant" he says making me chuckle.

"I love you dad" I smile as I lean forward to hug him. "Thank you for giving him a chance."

"Mhm" he mumbles, "go get some sleep kiddo."

"Kay" I give as I get up and head back to my room.

~ 📚 ~

Josh's POV

When I wake up the sun is streaming in through the windows and panic sets in as I realize my gorgeous blonde girlfriend is lying beside me.

Shawn's is going to kill me.

I untangle myself from my girlfriend and reluctantly head downstairs. Shawn is sitting at the table teasing Katy about her cooking abilities while the blonde woman laughs and continues to prepare breakfast. "Morning Josh" she smiles as she locks eyes with mine. "Will you be staying for breakfast or heading back home?" she asks curiously.

"Um" I stutter.

"Maya still sleeping?" Shawn asks.

I swear I'm in the twilight zone.