22. Did You Hear That or Not?

Maya's POV

"I want you home by midnight" my dad says making me roll my eyes as I throw my hair up into a high ponytail.

"Dad, it's a college party" I remind him. "It won't even really get started until then. I'll be home by two" I reply as he sighs.

"I don't want you going" he says seriously as I nod.

"Yes dad I know" I sigh. "Josh and I have been behaving. You have no reason to doubt me."

"Except that he's Josh and this is a party with alcohol" he replies as the doorbell rings.

"Daddy nothing is going to happen. I promise" I smile as I kiss his cheek and fly downstairs to meet up with Josh. He's wearing the baseball uniform that matched my costume perfectly.

"Gorgeous" he greets me sweetly.

"Hey baby" I reply. "You ready to go?"

"In a sec" he says as he looks up at my dad. "What time do you want her home?"

He looks at me and purses his lips in a fine line before answering my boyfriend. "By two please. And no funny business. Seriously Josh."

"You got it Shawn" he replies as he grabs my hand. "I'll have her home" he adds as he leads me out of the house.

~ 📚 ~

Josh's POV

"You sure you really wanna go to this thing? We can just go hangout" I suggest as she rolls her eyes.

"Are you ashamed of me or something?" she asks with a furrow of her eyebrows. She was honestly the cutest, yet sexiest girl on the planet.

"Of course not baby" I reply honestly. "I'm ashamed of my other friends" I add making her giggle as she leans forward to kiss me.

"Love you."

"Love you too" I reply honestly before taking a deep breath and climbing out of the car. She follows after me and intertwines our fingers as we walk into the party. I'm not shocked when Bridget is the first person I see. I'm also not shocked to see her completely wasted.

"Shit" I mutter under my breath. "Come on Maya" I sigh as I pull her towards my drunken friend. "Bridge" I exclaim, gaining my best friend's attention.

"Oh my god you came" she exclaims as she runs towards us. "That's what she said" she adds to herself making me roll my eyes.

"You are such an idiot" I laugh lightly. "Bridge how much have you had to drink?" I ask as I catch her before she falls over on top of us.

"Like four of five" she slurs.

"Mhm. Four or five what?" I ask as she giggles.

"Cups" she explains making me roll my eyes.

"Cups of what Bridge?"

"Vodka" Monica laughs as she appears at Bridget's side. "Hey Josh. Looking good tonight baby" she adds making my skin crawl.

"Looking desperate tonight Monica" I reply. It wasn't a lie. She was dressed as a devil though I think saying she's dressed is being generous. The most covered part of her body is her head, with devil's horns.

"You used to like desperate" she replies with a smirk. Maya stiffens beside me. Yep this was going great.

"This is my girlfriend Maya" I introduce as Monica rolls her eyes.

"Good luck with that hon" she says to Maya snippily. "See you later Josh" she rolls her eyes as she grabs Bridget and pulls her along with her.

"I'm starting to get why you didn't wanna come" Maya says as I sigh, looking down at her clouded blue eyes.