Chapter 9

Louis hums quietly as he walks to his car. He was halfway there when he heard his neighbour get out of their house and talking on their phone in a frantic voice.

"You should've told me sooner, Mom. I can't bring Michael to work, we'll be extra busy since the president will be visiting and do an inspection."

Louis curiously listened at the conversation.

"I don't have time to call for a babysitter." Zayn groaned, "Thanks anyway, I'll find a way."

"Well, I mean... maybe I can hide you in my office? Like your Auntie Lo and I can pass you around secretly." Zayn said to Michael, who was just chewing on Daniel.

"I can take care of him." Louis volunteered, making Zayn jump.

"Oh, I didn't know you were there." Zayn chuckle, "Good morning."

"Good morning." Louis smiled, "And yeah, sorry, couldn't help but overhear you." he chuckled, "But I'm free today if you need someone to watch over Michael." Louis lied.

"Oh, are you sure?" Zayn asked sheepishly, "Michael's really energetic and loves to explore, I'm scared that he might break something, or he'll get a little bit too much for you."

"Well, it's better than you secretly passing him around in your office." Louis laughed, "I don't have anything to do today, and I'm really good with kids so you don't have to worry." he shrugged.

"I... well, alright then... I usually think this through but today's a big day and I can't be late or else they'll have my head." Zayn said before walking closer to Louis, "I really owe you a lot, Louis."

Louis chuckled, "It's fine, love, don't worry about it. Michael and I will be alright, won't we, buddy?"

Michael smiled as he bounced a little, waving Daniel all around. Zayn has to hold it too, just in case Michael accidentally dropped it.

"Well, I'll trust you on that. And if it's okay, can I call you from time to time? Just to check on my little angel? You can call me anytime if you need help, I always have my phone close by." Zayn asked shyly.

"Yeah, sure." Louis shrugged, "You can call me anytime really." he grinned.

"Thank you so much, Louis." Zayn sighed in relief, "Well, Mikey, Mama has to go. Just be a sweet little angel for Louis, okay?" he cooed at the baby.

Louis took Michael from Zayn, together with his baby bag.

"Bye, baby." Zayn cooed at his son, "And again, thank you so much, Louis! Call me if you need anything alright? Bye!" he waved before walking to his now fixed car.

"Well, little guy, it looks like it's just you and me." Louis cooed as he bounce the baby gently.

Michael just cooed back and patting Louis' chest, making the brunette laugh, "Well, let's go inside."

Once they entered, Louis immediately called Niall, "Yeah, Niall, I won't be going to work today. Take the day off too if you want. Liam got us. Bye!" he said without giving the blonde the chance to talk, "Well, now that's taken care off, what do you want to do, little buddy?" Louis cooed at the baby as he walk upstairs.

They arrived in his room and Louis placed the child on his huge bed. Michael looked around the new place then stared at Louis with wide eyes.

"Hmmm... I don't really have some baby toys right now." Louis observed, "Well, I suppose Niall can do a little errand for me." he shrugged before calling his intern.

Michael was rolling around the bed while Louis calls Niall to explain his task; buy the best toys he could find, doesn't matter if it's expensive, Louis could afford it. He does have one of the most prestigious credit card in the world. He trusts Niall, but he did warn the blonde that if he ever fuck with his credit card, Louis will make sure Niall's reputation is ruined and so will his life be.