Chapter 24

"G-Gemma?" Zayn stuttered, "W-what are you doing here?"

"I work as the zoo's animal doctor." she replied, "Isn't this zoo reserved for the day? For a powerful man and his family?"

Zayn gulped as he tried to think of an excuse, "It's... it's more of a research for a game."

"Really then? You had to bring the baby with you?" she glared.

"I couldn't find a babysitter, and my coworker doesn't mind as long as we get work done." Zayn lied smoothly.

Gemma chuckled bitterly, "You call your coworkers 'babe' often?"

"I call everyone 'babe' or in most cases, 'love'." Zayn explained, his hands fidgeting with the ends of his white shorts under the table.

"The reason written in the logbook is for a 'family day'." Gemms hissed, "Don't bother making an excuse I saw all the things you did here with someone that's definitely not Harry."

Zayn's starting to panic, they've been caught. Harry's going to know and everything will be a mess. Zayn knew that he can't keep seeing Louis behind Harry's back forever, but Zayn never expected he'll ever be caught, and this soon? Zayn was planning on breaking up with Harry sooner or later, keep his and Louis' relationship a secret for a while, then come out.

But turns out, you can never hide the fact you're cheating. You'll always get caught red handed either way.

Zayn gasp when a sharp slap hit his cheek, his eyes widened as he slowly touch the stinging area before shakily looking at Gemma.

"You're a fucking hypocrite, Zayn! You gave my brother shit for cheating when he was drunk! But here you fucking are! Seeing a man with full conscious!" Gemma hissed, "I'm telling Harry. My brother doesn't deserve being played like this." she huffed before standing up, "Honestly, Zayn? I had high hopes for you and Harry. I always thought you'll be a Styles in the future. But turns out, you're nothing but a cheating whore." she looked at Zayn with mocking eyes, "Well, I should've have known better. I mean, you got pregnant pretty early. Maybe you've been sleeping with anyone who gives you attention. Maybe even slept your way out of college too?"

A sharp sting was felt after hearing the last statement. Zayn never knew Gemma could be so cruel and assume that about him. But he guessed he deserved it for cheating on her baby brother, but still... was that really necessary? Going that low? Assuming Zayn's an attention whore who'll just bang every guy he meets?

"I'm telling Harry to get rid of you quickly." Gemma spat before leaving.

Shame and guilt filled Zayn. Her words felt like a knife cutting against his skin. It didn't help when his mind replays everything, showing how her eyes filled with hatred as she looks so low at him.

"Hey, babe, sorry it took so long. Michael peed on me, cheeky little monster, aren't you, buddy?" Louis cooed at the baby as they walk closer, "So I'm thinking that I'll just buy one of those souvenir shirts and we can continue roaming around?"

"Can you just take Michael and I home?" Zayn asked timidly, looking down to avoid Louis' stare.

"Did something happen, babe? What's wrong?" Louis asked as he realized Zayn's sudden drop of mood.

"Nothing." Zayn said as he subtly wiped the tears that was threatening to escape before standing up and taking Michael while still avoiding looking at Louis, "I'm not feeling well."

Louis frowns as he watch Zayn walk to the exit's direction. His chest felt heavy at the fact that their supposedly family day was cut short.

He jogged to Zayn, pulling him to his side, but the raven pulled away, "Not now, Lou."