Chapter 12

Louis sighs as he try to calm down a crying Michael and Luke. It started when Michael tried reaching for his Mama when they got out of the car, but Zayn was really down and asked Louis to carry them inside while he walks ahead with his crutches.

Zayn never ignored Michael before, so it really hit the baby hard, and started bawling his eyes out. Luke started doing the same cause Michael's loud crying upsets him.

The brunette looked horrified, but still carried the crying babies inside. He loves kids but when they're crying their lungs out in his ears? Not so much.

"It's okay, Mikey, Mama's just upset." Louis comforted as he rock the two babies gently, "Luke, don't cry Michael didn't mean to upset you too."

It was ignored and the babies kept on crying. Louis did not sign up for this.

After a few more of them nonstop crying, Louis decided to sing them a lullaby,

"Hush, little babies, don't say a word,
Papa's gonna buy you a mockingbird.
And if that mockingbird won't sing,
Papa's gonna buy you a diamond ring.
And if that diamond ring turns brass,
Papa's gonna buy you a looking glass.
And if that looking glass gets broke,
Papa's gonna buy you a billy goat.
And if that billy goat won't pull,
Papa's gonna buy you a cart and bull.
And if that cart and bull turn over,
Papa's gonna buy you a dog named Rover.
And if that dog named Rover won't bark,
Papa's gonna buy you a horse and cart.
And if that horse and cart fall down,
You'll still be the sweetest little babies in town."

The soothing voice calmed the babies down. Michael started nuzzling his face against Louis' neck, trying to get as much affection as he can, while Luke just laid his head on Louis' shoulder, getting sleepy from all his crying.

Louis began humming the lullaby again, just humming softly as he gently rock both babies. It didn't take long for Luke to fall asleep, though Michael's still upset, whimpering softly as he stare at the stairs, hoping his Mama would be going down any second, and cuddle him.

The brunette sighed, he decided to go upstairs and to their nursery. He sighed again when he realize that both cribs are inside Zayn's room, and he doubts Zayn wants company right now. Louis decided to go in his room instead, laying the baby down, though Michael isn't having any of it, and clinged on to Louis. The blue eyed adult didn't try prying Michael's arms around him, fearing that the baby will start screaming again, and wake Luke up.

"Shhh, you'll be fine, Mikey." Louis cooed as he rub the baby's back, "Mama is just having a bad day, yeah? I'm sure he'll be up for cuddles later, would you like that?"

Michael just nuzzle against Louis' neck again, still whimpering softly. The brunette kissed the baby's forehead before humming softly again.

After a while, Michael started being restless, making Louis sighed a little irritated since his arms are getting tired, but this is his future son after all. He needs to be patient.

It wasn't until Michael kept pulling on his shirt collar and began mouthing on his chest when Louis lowered him a little to rest his arms, when Louis realized he was hungry.

"Oh, you hungry, little guy?" Louis chuckled, "You won't be getting any milk there."

Michael pouted up at him, lips trembling and would explode if he isn't fed in the next minute. Louis' eyes widened before quickly surrounding Luke with pillows so he wouldn't fall over while he gets milk for Michael, and then walked to the nursery. He began searching for the formula, and is confused when he couldn't find one.