Chapter 18

"Well?" Lauren waited, black painted nails tapping on Zayn's desk.

"I panicked okay!" Zayn exclaimed, "I spent an entire week thinking Harry's a fucking asshole, but in reality he was doing everything for me!" he sighed loudly, "I-I wasn't supposed to say 'yes', but he was holding my hand and staring at me and I felt so guilty and ugh!"

"And you think saying 'yes' will make everything better?" the green eyed sighed.

"No! But like I said, I panicked! And Harry was just so happy and all, and I can't do anything." Zayn whimpered before crossing his arms on the table and laying his head on them, "This is a mess."

"For real." Lauren agreed, "And Harry just posted a picture of you and him last night and a really sweet caption that you two are back together."

Zayn just sighed before sitting up and stayed silent for a while as he think of his situation, "You know what? Fuck it, Harry's a sweet and charming guy, he treats me so well. Maybe going back with him isn't a bad idea."

His best friend looked at him in disbelief, "Zayn, you can't force-"

"I'm not, okay? The only forcing I did was when I tried to forget Harry. That's my mistake, and giving him a chance is the right thing to do." the hazel eyed decided, "Yeah... that's it... I'm happy Harry and I got together."

Lauren frowned, "But how about Louis? The kiss?"

Zayn's jaws clench, "It's... it's nothing, I was just looking for comfort... something to fill the void... yeah, that's it. But in reality, my heart longs for Harry."

It didn't wipe the frown from the raven haired girl's face, "You're oddly fast in thinking about all of this. Zayn, you know you can't force yourself into-"

"Lauren, can we not?" Zayn softly hissed, "I love you, but this is my life, okay? I'm free to decide what I want to do. I know you're just trying to help, but just trust me on this, okay? I know what I'm doing."

"Right... I'm sorry." Lauren sighed, trying to bite back an argument that Zayn's 'solution' will just lead to bigger problems in the future. But it is Zayn's life, she can't control it or do anything but hope for the best.

Zayn was about to say something, but a knock caught both of their attention.

"Hey, Haz." Zayn smiled at his boyfriend.

"Baby, I miss you so much." Harry greeted as he walk to his lover, giving a peck on the lips before pulling him in an embrace, "Hey, Lo."

"Hey, nice to see you back, Harry." Lauren smiled.

She's Zayn's best friend, she should always be supportive of whatever Zayn's decision will be. Lauren should be happy for them.

Or at least try to.

~~~

"I... I don't get it..." Louis began shaking as he saw the post about Zayn and Harry getting back together, "We... we were doing fine... I... I don't get it..." his heart felt so heavy, painful stabs repeatedly felt.

"Louis..." Liam frowned before throwing an arm around his best friend, pulling him closer.

"We kissed. He said it was amazing, and... and we flirt a lot... I... I thought something was already happening between us... but... why...? I don't understand..." tears began falling, "Is... is it...? Did he used me as a rebound? I... I should've sticked with my plan... made sure that... ugh, I'm so stupid..." he slammed a fist on his desk.

Niall tried to ignore them and mind his own business. But Louis sounds so broken and upset that the blonde actually felt so bad... and guilty.

It didn't help when Louis began crying about how he just wants someone to love and be loved. And it looks like Louis had been played and betrayed before when he was whimpering about a girl named 'Eleanor'.