Chapter 21

When Zayn and Louis pulled away, both were trying to catch their breath again. Happiness radiates from Louis as he kept Zayn close.

"Wasn't that amazing?" he grinned as he brush Zayn's bangs behind his ear.

Zayn's face heated, turning into a soft shade of red as he still tries to process what he just did.

He kissed Louis.

His hot neighbour.

His charming friend.

The man his boyfriend despises.

Boyfriend.

Hazel eyes widened at the word.

Zayn had cheated on Harry.

Something he hates Harry for doing, and yet Zayn did the same thing. He felt like a hypocrite. Shame and guilt had filled his heart again.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Louis frowns as he sensed Zayn's discomfort.

"I... This... That wasn't... right, Louis." Zayn said quietly as he look down to avoid Louis' face.

He tried to push him away, but the brunette has him pinned on the wall. Louis had finally gotten Zayn to realize his feelings, got Zayn to be the first one to initiate the kiss, he's not going to let that progress go.

"Zayn, are you saying that our love is not right?" Louis asks, gently pushing Zayn's chin up to meet his eyes.

"Cheating is not right, Louis." Zayn sighed, "I hated Harry for it, but now..."

"Hey, hey..." Louis said softly as he caress Zayn's cheeks, "It's not your fault that your feelings have changed, and... isn't it just right for Harry to have a taste of his own medicine?"

"But he was so sorry and really making an effort to make up for it, Louis, it's not fair." Zayn shook his head.

"It's also not fair for you to keep forcing yourself to feel something for him, Zayn." Louis argued, getting really annoyed with the Harry, the only thing that's keeping him and Zayn apart.

Zayn just stayed quiet, mind trying to decide what to do. Louis does have a point, Zayn isn't as happy with Harry as before, and it is also not fair when Zayn's seeing Harry but thinking of Louis. But Harry's really making a lot of effort to get back what they had before. But Zayn can't resist but fall in love with how Louis' also showing how much he desires Zayn.

"I don't know..." was the only answer Zayn could come up with.

"Zayn, you love me, and I love you. I think the answer is obvious here." Louis said, getting frustrated at the thought of Zayn choosing that asshole instead of him. Again.

"It's not as easy as you think, Louis." Zayn said now glaring at Louis.

Louis sighed, "I'm sorry... it's just... I've been waiting for a long time, Zayn... but... you keep coming back to him." he said voice slightly cracking, so tired of being the second choice.

Zayn's heart ached as he remembered that Louis was also there for him. Always. Even from the start, and maybe that's how Zayn slowly fell for him, he loves the attention and feeling of being so wanted by Louis.

"I need to think about this first, okay?" Zayn asked, letting himself look at Louis in the eyes.

The answer didn't make Louis feel any better. What if Zayn chooses Harry again? Leave him again? Lose all the feeling he have for Louis when he stays any longer with Harry?

So he made a rushed decision.

The lowest of the low that he had ever made. 

"Okay... but... but can we... still at least try us? I... I don't care if you're still with Harry, but please don't push me away again." Louis begged, letting his needy self come out. He didn't care to put the calm and composed mask anymore, "I'm alright with being kept a secret, just don't leave me hanging again." he added.