Chapter 20

"This does not mean you're off the hook." Harry panted before slumping beside an equally sweaty, panting and naked Zayn.

"I'm too tired, Haz, and it wasn't a big deal anyway." Zayn groaned before turning and laying on Harry's chest.

"If it wasn't such a big deal then why can't we talk about it?" Harry rolled his eyes, but he did wrapped an arm around Zayn's waist, pulling him closer then kissing his forehead.

"He was just drunk, I saw him, then helped him back. That's all." Zayn lied.

They were quiet for a minute.

"Why is he so smug about that? Are... are you sure that's all?" Harry asked.

"He just wants to get on your nerves. Just ignore him." Zayn yawned as he snuggled closer, "Let's just sleep, yeah?"

"Alright." Harry sighed, "Night, babe, I love you."

"...Love you too."

~~~

"Oh? A collaboration?" Zayn repeated, staring at Lauren, who's no longer sick and back to the jumpy hyper gay smut loving best friend.

"Yeah, and you're one of those programmers that will be working with them. It's their first game so you'll be mentoring one of them." Lauren explained.

"Wait, they wanted to collab with making games but they have no experience or whatsoever?" Zayn asked with a confused expression before drinking his coffee, "And our president agreed with that?"

"Heard something about that company being powerful and all, but they want this little collab to be a secret for some reason. I don't know." Lauren shrugged as she ate her lunch, "You're working with one of them, you can ask."

"And when will this happen?" Zayn asked before eating the chicken curry he bought earlier.

"Tomorrow, I think. You'll get an email later about the details and all." Lauren said, "Anyway, enough of that, I want to hear how you and Harry are going so far?"

"We're alright I suppose." Zayn shrugged, not really feeling as excited as he used to be, it didn't place well in his stomach, but he convinced himself that he's just feeling moody at the moment.

"Are you happy?" Lauren sighed, though she somewhat knew the answer, she can read Zayn.

"I... well... I am." Zayn swallowed hard, "I should be, I wanted this."

"Zayn..." Lauren frowned.

"We'll be fine, Lo, he's still as sweet as ever, I'll fall for him all over again." Zayn tried to joke.

"Not if someone's already holding you." Lauren pointed out, "And you being all cozy in his arms."

"Lau-"

"I know I'm annoying and it's none of my business, but better soon than later, Zayn. If this goes on any longer, it'll be more painful." Emerald eyes stared at him with full of worry.

"Thanks, Lo, but... Can we just change the subject?" Zayn bit his lip.

Lauren sighed, "Alright..."

~~~

"So you'll be working with him in this little office, Zayn. He'll be here soon so I suggest you prepare your stuff." the bubbly brunette, that Zayn forgot what her name was since she's a new secretary of his boss, said.

It was the very next day, and Zayn did receive an email, though not about his mysterious partner, but just what he should be teaching and some facts about the game that they would want to make.