Chapter 2~New Girl~Gunner's P.O.V~

While in my office everything starts out normal. Editing videos for the Matt and Amanda channel, recording team edge videos, and a bunch of other things. I could hear Matthias greeting someone outside of my office.  I glanced up from my work and saw a flash of red pass by my window. Joey knocked on the open door and started talking with me.

"Did you see the girl just now?"

I turned my body towards him and looked confused.

"What do you mean new girl?"

"A girl with red hair and went to Matthias' office to talk. I don't know who she is but damn she's smokin' hot!"

I rolled my eyes and went about my business. An hour or two went by and a knock was at my door.

"Sorry to bother you but, I'm looking for Gunner? Could you tell me where he might be at?"

I turned to the lovely English voice of the girl who was speaking with me. Her red hair pulled back into a nice ponytail. Sparkling purple ey-! Wait purple!? Her eyes are purple, must be some rare genetic  mutation in her DNA. But, there pretty anyway.

"Who wants to know?"

"I'm the new intern and I was told that I was going to be sharing an office with Gunner. Matthias and J-Fred are at each other. I think that they went up stairs and to their offices."

"Matthias will be back once he realizes that he was doing something. But, in the meantime I'll give you the tour the team edge space. If you want you can leave your bag here."

She nodded her head and walked towards the the other side of the desk and placed her bag underneath the desk. I nose caught the sweet scent of vanilla as she walked past me.

"It smells like vanilla in here. It's my favorite scent."

"It's my perfume."

I nodded in response and smiled at her. She blushed a little at my smile and then returned it.

~Two hours later~

I had told her a funny story about Bryan and we had finished the tour of the warehouse then headed back inside the office area. Matthias opened the door and saw us.

"There you are. I so sorry about forgetting to show you to the office but, I see that you found the office and you met gunner."

She nodded at his statement and accepted his apology.

"Gunner was showing me the warehouse area and told me some funny things about Bryan."

Matthias nodded his head talked to me about a new challenge idea. Her phone began to ring and she stepped aside for a moment to take the cal.

Her loud gasp made had Mathias and myself turned our heads to her and give a concerned look from behind. She knew we were staring at her. She covered her mouth to muffle the sound of  crying. She hung the phone up after saying a few more words to the person she was talking to and turned to us.

"Is everything alright Cas?" I asked.

"Huh? Yeah everything is fine." She answered

She put on a fake smile to make us think that she was ok. She walked into the office and closed the door.

I opened the door quietly without her knowledge and walked into the room and tapped her shoulder. She jumped a little and quickly locked her iPad so that I couldn't see what was on it. She turned her head to me and put her hand over her heart.

"You scared me. What's up?" She asked.

"Are you ok? You seem a little....off." I asked.

"You've known your parents since you were born right?"

"Yeah?"

"I didn't. I was living with my brother, my grandmama and my papaw. Last night my grandmama passed on due to cancer. And my papaw isn't doing so well."

She looked like she was doing everything she could possibly do to keep herself from crying in front of me.

"I can't ask for time off because I just started working here and I don't Matthias thinking that I come to work one day and not the next."

"I'm sure that if you explain the situation to him he'll let you take as much time as you need to plan the funeral."

I stood up and left the room closing the door behind me. I slightly ran up the stairs and knocked on Matthias's office door.

"Come in."

I opened the door and entered the room and sat in the chair. I sat on the edge of his chair and cleared his throats before talking. Matthias turned away from his computer and looked at me.

"What is it gun?"

"It's Cassie. Her grandmother passed away and she has to plan the funeral but she doesn't want to ask you because she started working here and doesn't want to give the impression that she doesn't want to work here."

"Does she know you're here talking to me about this?"

I shook my head and looked him in the eyes.

"I will talk to her in a moment."

I nodded my head and left. I came out of the office and headed back down the stairs.