Chapter 14~ Control

After learning that being away from the one person I love helped me control the urge to kill people when the curse took over. I decided to head into the forest back home and hide deep within where there was one lonely cabin.

People would travel through and ask for directions. I carefully told them how to get out of the woods while avoiding traps and other things that would want to kill them. Myself included. Every once in a while I would get a visit from Tyler and him catching me up on what's been happening on the outside of the forest.

"He's been trying to find you since you left."

"I know. I don't want him to find me. I need more time."

"Do you think he will recognize you when you finally reappear?"

"Yes. You can never forget the person who was close to you and the person who loved you with all their heart."

Tyler knew what I meant. He understood that I didn't want to hurt Gunner and it was because I loved him with all my heart and he knew that gunner loved me with all his heart as well. Tyler left the woods and went back into town.

I stayed at the little cabin for a couple of years. I learned to control it. I had Mark help me. He would be a normal everyday human and ask for directions on how to get out of this dense forest.

After about, I would say, two years. I finally learned how to control my curse. I came out of the forest and into town. People whispered as they saw me as I walked by. I made my way back home and knocked on the door. Tyler opened it and gave me a hug.

"It's good to see you, brother."

"And to you as well. There is someone who is here to see you."