New Addition

Jonathan

"Hockey day hockey day hockey day" Jackson cheered running up and down Nicole's apartment. It was opening day for the 2009-2010 season and we were having a little get together/ celebration before the game. The plan was to meet at the mall then decide where to eat at from there. Jackson and his friend Henry wanted to go play at the mall so us parents and a few guys on the team with kids decided to bring them and us adults could hang out while they played. I keep teasing Patrick that he's going to have to baby sit the kids but he's not buying it. Plus Nicole already agreed to watch them. We meet at the cheesecake factory and the kids take of to the little play room on the other side of the mall.

"Have I told you yet that you look incredibly sexy" I whisper into Maisie's ear. She was wearing a tight light blue dress that hugged her curves and was open in the back. Her hair was curled and pinned up showing off her back muscles. Her makeup was light but made her deadly blue eyes pop. A sight to see really.

"You might have mentioned it a few times" she giggles. I rest my hand on her knee and she places hers on top of mine. She talks to Emma who sat across from her for a little before Patrick comes into the restaurant messing with his tie.

"What's wrong Peeksy, can't outsmart a tie" I joke and he flips me off never looking up from his chest.

"Here, I used to do this all the time. Let me help" Emma says getting up and going over to him. Patrick lets the tie go and sighs frustratedly.

"Thanks, I never really figured out..." he trails off when he finally looks up from his tie. He looks straight into her eyes as she fixes his tie without even trying. His jaw drops to the floor as he looks her up and down and I snicker to myself. This should be good.

"Woah" he whispers and she smiles up at him. She was a good for shorter than him but they looked great together. Her dark brown hair with his blonde. Her light drown eyes with his blue ones. It just worked. She pats his chest letting him know she's done and struts back to her seat. He continues to stand there with his mouth wide open and Maisie snickers from beside me.

"Hey bud. Close your mouth you're going to catch a bug in that thing" I yell and he finally snaps out of it just to glare at me. He sits across from me and next to Emma as that was the only seat left. I'm sure he didn't mind.

"Emma, this idiot is my friend Patrick, Patrick this is my friend Emma" Maisie says.

"How do you know Maisie" Patrick asks her.

"Jackson goes to the same school and is on the same hockey team as my son, they're two peas in a pod" she admits.

"Oh... you and your husband must be proud" Patrick mumbles somberly.

"Widowed" Emma smirks and Patrick raises a eyebrow. I turn to look at Maisie and she was wiggling her eyebrows up and down causing me to laugh. We have a good time at dinner and Emma and Patrick shamelessly flirted the whole time. She wasn't making it easy for him and I enjoyed watching him drown a little.

"So, is Henry excited for the game tonight" I ask Emma. Henry was Jacksons best friend, so naturally we had to get them tickets.

"He hasn't stopped taking about it all week at school. For show and tell he took my phone to show the texts of Maisie asking us to go" she explains causing us to laugh.

"That's okay, just the other day Jackson tried to bring in Jonathan's jock because he says 'it's a part of hockey history'" Maisie tells. Thank god I caught him stuffing that in his bag.

After we eat we grab the kids and head to the rink. I change and take the ice for warm ups. I find Maisie in jeans and a hawks zip up snapping pictures behind the glass. She was still drop dead gorgeous. I skate over and send a wink as she snaps a picture then I go to mess with Sharpy.

"You think Patrick's gonna get the girl" he asks as we watch Patrick mess with Emma and Henry and Jackson. I was happy he and Henry hit it off, he loved kids and I think Emma and Henry would be good for him.

"I don't know. She's tough, kinda like Maisie. But if she's anything like Maisie then it's worth it" I say.

"That girl has you whipped doesn't she" he laughs.

"Fuck yeah. But she would never ask anything of me so I'm thankful for that" I laugh. We end up winning the game and head out for celebratory ice cream afterwards. Emma, Henry, Jackson, Maisie, Patrick, and I sit outside and consume the frozen dairy on the warm October day. We just talk about the game and relax for once.

"What are you going to be for Halloween" Maisie asks Henry.

"I'm going to be Patrick Kane" he says and Patrick nearly drops his ice cream. He smiles down at the kid and Emma can't contain her smile.

"You wanna be me" he asks a bit shocked. They only met today after all.

"Well yeah. You're small but really good. Like this ice cream cone" he says holding it up to his face.

"Well I'm flattered" Patrick smiles.

"What about you kiddo, what are you going to be" Maisie asks Jackson.

"I want to be daddy" he cheers and I smile down at him.

"Thanks bud" I say messing with his hair.

"What about you Jonathan, what are you going to be" Maisie asks me.

"I don't know. I kinda liked this Egyptian king idea" I admit.

"I can see that" she shrugs.

"I'll dress up as one only if you'll be by queen" I say and she gives me side eye.

"Fine" she groans and I raise my hands in victory. I never win these arguments, but there's a first time for everything.