A Whole New World

Jonathan

Coming to Disney world was a better idea when Maisie wasn't pregnant and could actually go on all the rides. But I would much rather have a chance to raise a kid of my own than have her on roller coasters, not much of a decision there. So instead Christmas morning we were walking around the park sight seeing and trying to get a picture with every Disney character possible. Jackson got his face painted like a minion and tried to get me to do so also. Out of all of his obsessions, this is by far the worst one. At least he stopped trying to talk like them. Anyway, after Jackson got his face painted we got pictures with all the cool characters. Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Goofy, all the Disney characters before we stumble upon Princess Jasmine. AKA Maisie's favorite princess ever. Jackson goes up and tells her that his mommy loved her and she was a Disney princess too. One thing led to another and they took us in the castle and gave her a make over to look like Princess Jasmine and I got to be Aladdin while Jackson insisted on being the little monkey Abu. Cute, right?

"Do you still have it daddy" he asks as I was getting all dolled up. I pull out the ring he, Patrick and Henry helped me pick out the same day we found out she was pregnant. That was a great day. We got the ring before she told us but I just took it as a sign that this was the best decision.

"Yup" I smile showing it to him and he nods.

"You're planning to purpose" the lady's doing my hair and makeup asks as she turns my hair black.

"Yeah" I smile looking down at the ring.

"You guys seem young" she mentions.

"We're 22, but we both grew up quickly. And the few years we've been together have been the best thanks to her. I love her so much I just hope she says yes" I chuckle nervously. I know she wouldn't say no, but there's always a doubt in the back of your mind.

"She'll say yes. I can tell by the way you guys look at each other, that you guys are great separately but something special when you're together. How she touches you like she wants to but she doesn't want to hurt you. How you always search her with your eyes even know you've seen each other a million times before, but you can never get enough. I don't know a lot about you two, but I can tell it's meant to be" she says turning me around. I look at the finish product and I was impressed. I had a tan shirt and purple vest on with a red hat. It was awesome actually. Jackson and I am lead throughout the castle and into a room looking over the park. I find Maisie in the balcony that showed you everything you ever wanted to see in a beautiful baby blue two piece outfit like Jasmines. Her long black hair was pulled back with a blue headband and a flower on top. With her tan she almost looked exactly like Jasmine. But she's always a princess to me, her very own princess. Jackson runs over to her and laughs when she sees him dressed as the little monkey.

"Hey, that's my sidekick" I laugh and she catches my stare.

"Is it bad I really like this" she asks turning around.

"No. I think you look amazing in that. I mean you always took amazing. But now I get to call you my princess and you can't tell me not to" I tease and she rolls those stunning blue eyes.

"What do you say I take you on a magic carpet ride" I ask wiggling my eyes up and down and she giggles.

"Sounds like fun" she smiles. We go further outside and look over the park. The sun was about to set and everyone was getting ready for the Christmas parade. I decide to have some fun and start singing to her. Mostly just so she sings back.

"I can show you the world
Shining, shimmering splendid
Tell me, princess, now when did
You last let your heart decide!

I can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over sideways and under
On a magic carpet ride"

At first she was shy but something in her sparked. A wave of confidence comes over her and she sings back to me.

"Unbelievable sights
Indescribable feeling
Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling
Through an endless diamond sky
A whole new world.
(Don't you dare close your eyes)
A hundred thousand things to see
(Hold your breath it gets better)
I'm like a shooting star
I've come so far
I can't go back to where I used to be."

I step closer to her as she belts higher and higher. I swear I've never had chills like this before. In this moment nothing else mattered. Not the trophies or medals or records could surpass the amount of happiness I was feeling in that moment. Because I know she sings this song because she loves it on a personal level. Because she felt like I was the key to the chains put on her. And although shes scared she's letting me help her through it and she never wants to go back. I place a kiss on her lips as she melts into me. She pulls me close as my breath hitches in my throat. I couldn't wait to purpose to her.

We change back into normal human clothes and head to the parade hand in hand. It wasn't that cold and the sun was setting making for a perfect evening. The castle was lit up blue as the Disney characters dressed up in Christmas outfits wave to us as they pass by on the streets. Princess Jasmine gave us a especially happy wave. At the end was Santa and Jackson started going crazy, I mean as crazy as I've seen him. As he passes he throws something out and Jackson catches it. It was a pair of Mickey Mouse ears with a Santa hat on it and he turns to Maisie with the brightest eyes. She bends down and he puts the ears on her.

"Merry Christmas Mommy" he says softy.

"Merry Christmas baby" she replies. And finally... it was time.