Egyptian Empire

Maisie

Last week Jackson turned five and I refuse to believe he is growing up. He's not, he's going to be my baby boy forever. Naturally he had his birthday party at the ice rink with his team and kids from school. I have no clue why I ever worried, the boy had so many friends that taking his presents home took two cars. It's nice to know he was so well liked. He's got Jonathan's leadership traits and it is a pleasure to watch how he works with others.

His school was having a Halloween party so the parents could hang out and the kids could do organized and safe trick or treating within the school and he insisted Jonathan and I came. Uncle Patrick is already going with Emma and Henry so we couldn't really get out of it. We didn't want to anyway, I loved dressing up and Jonathan was really stuck on the idea that he was a Egyptian king. Only god knows where he got that idea from but consequently I got dragged into being a Egyptian queen while he was a Pharaoh. Jackson saw his outfit and decided to be a pharaoh too so now we have a little Egyptian kingdom going on here.

"Mommy mommy! I need help" Jackson says running into my room with his head stuck in the little shoulder pads from his outfit. I pull it down and his little curls come pouring out.

"All set" I tell him and he runs back to finish changing. I fix my floor length fitted white dress before adding a gold belt with blue beading and putting on the long blue scarf. After straightening my hair I add a gold headband with a blue accent to the outfit and I was almost done. Some eyeliner and gold lace up heels later my outfit was complete. I walk out to find Jackson on the couch with his staff in hand fighting with Jonathan. They looked adorable.

"Holy shit" Jonathan says as his eyes meet mine and I giggle. Can't wait for Jackson to use that word...

"We fight for her" Jackson claims raising his staff high above his head and Jonathan smirks at him.

"We fight for her" Jack yells back and they continue to fight. I snap some pictures before Jackson jumps off the couch and Jon catches him then brings him down safely on top of him as if Jack defeated him.

"Ahhh" he yells as Jackson fake slays him and emerges victorious. I bend down and open my arms for him to run into. Jackson jumps into my arms and I kiss his cheek.

"I win" he cheers.

"Yeah, you did good buddy. But when need him" I say letting him go and helping Jon up off the ground. I gather my things and head to the car before buckling Jackson up and driving off to the school.

"You guys look great" Emma says as I find her by the punch bowl sipping on the drinks. The kids get to go to each classroom and trick or treat while the parents mingle in the gym. It was a way to get away without actually getting away.

"Thanks, it was all Jonathan" I say nudging him.

"I wish I could say Patrick's idea was as original" she mumbles as he comes up behind her dressed as batman. The smallest batman I've ever seen.

"I'm batman" he says and Emma giggles. They were really cute together and he was great with Henry as he was with Jackson. I liked them together.

"You're really something" Jon says and we all laugh. After talking and drinking we head to the dance floor and dance the night away. It was nice to relax for once. I know Jackson is safe and happy, Jonathan has a tight grip on me as we dance along to the music, work was going great. It was almost... perfect. Battlefield by Jordan sparks starts to play and I smile to myself. I loved this song.

"Have you ever thought of being a singer" Jonathan asks as we sway together.

"No, not really" I admit.

"You should. You have a beautiful voice" he says.

"Thanks, but I wouldn't be good for that lifestyle. I like my privacy and chillness" I shrug.

"I hate to tell you this but you're dating the wrong person if privacy and chill is what you're looking for" he laughs.

"I'm never comfortable when I'm around you, but that's the same reason I come back for more. You're the yin to my yang. I worry about everything while you know everything is going to be okay. You love the spotlight and the pressure where I like to sit back and watch. I can't seem find it in myself to put my past behind me and you love me because of where I'm going" I say.

"And that's why you're my Egyptian queen" he smiles.

"And why you're my King" I smirk back. Eventually they let the kids in and Jackson finds us. We dance around and he shows me some of his sweet moves Henry taught him. Eventually the night ends and I find Jonathan with Jackson passed out in his arms.

"He told me he could hang, obviously that was a lie" he laughs. We get him home and tucked in and I change. It was fun being a queen for a little but it was time to come back into reality.

"So... I have a problem and I want to know your opinion" I start and Jonathan looks at me.

"You... want my opinion" he asks and I nod.

"Okay then, what's on that pretty little mind of yours" he asks.

"The Hawks asked me to travel with you guys on the circus trip and I want to go... but I don't want to leave Jackson" I admit.

"Bring him with" he shrugs.

"He's in preschool now, I can't just drag him everywhere with me" I sigh.

"He'll be fine here with Nicole. If not I can have my parents watch him over at my place. They can have thanksgiving together and everything" he suggests.

"I can't do that to your parents" I insist.

"Are you kidding? They love Jackson and are already going to be at my place to house sit. Plus you can give Nicole a break" he suggests.

"Okay. If your parents are up to it he can stay with them" I agree. This is a good idea... right?