The Power Within: Chapter 12

{Ty's POV}

I don't really remember the night that girl came to my door. Ava, I beleive, that was her name. Was it? Honestly, I don't remember. All I know is that she kidnapped me and I'm now sitting in a cage. The floor is concerete and freezing. There's barely any escape roots just the small, rectangular window in the center of the back wall with bars keeping me from escaping. The door is steel with a peep hole, similar to the window, but a bit smaller. The walls are large bricks painted with a stale color ,which keeps me from scraping myself againest it.

Shivering from the cold breezes, I pace around in the cell thinking of all the things that could happen to me. I stop and try to use my powers to move the window bars apart. I pull back my arms and slam my palms in the air infront of me, but instead of parting the bars from the window nothing happens and I fall to the ground. I try again, and again to push the bars away from the window, but feel weaker every try. I drag myself to stand up and groan, and try the door. Doesn't even make a dent. I fall down on the solid concerete and cover my face with my palms.

"Hey!" A deep voice calls. "Can you calm down in there? Stop using your powers to escape!" I look out the small window in the steel door and see a man across from me. He's dressed in grey clothes top to bottem. The man is as tall as me, but looks young. He wears combat boots and has a belt holding up his pants. Attached to the belt is a ring of different keys, one probably for my cell. HIs eyes find mine and he leans againest the wall, arms crossed.

"It's no use trying to escape using them. Trust me. I know." He looks down with a minor frown on his face. I frown back. "Wait, are you like me?" I try to find his face through the bars of the window. "Yeah. The name's Bryan." Bryan looks up and looks at me still leaning againest the wall. "Why don't you escape? I mean c'mon there's an exit door a few feet away. " My finger slips through the slot between two bars and points at the steel door- smiliar to mine- at the end of the hall.

"I can't. Without my powers, I wouldn't make it passed the gaurds outside." I lift an eyebrow. "What happened to your powers?" I ask. He sighs. "I've used them too much here. Everytime you use it here you become weaker and lose them afteryou hit the limit." "Limit? What's the limit?" Bryan shrugs. "I don't remember how many times I tried using them to escape." My eyes shift back to the ring holding the keys on his belt. "Can you at least help me escape?" I shift my eyes back at him then back at the keys, signaling him to unlock my door. Bryan shakes his head. "I'm sorry, I'll die if they find out I helped some like you escape." He starts moving towards the exit. "Pleasse, don't let me rot in here!" I yell shaking the bars as if they would break. He keeps moving and reaches the door. The door opens slightly , then stops. "Sorry Ty." The door closes and the sound echos throughout the hall.

{Jerome's POV}

I slightly open Jocelyn's door and peek my head through. "Jocelyn, wake up." Pushing the door alll the way open, I walk over to Jocelyn and point my finger at the blankets. I move it away from her face and she groans moving to a side position. "Wake up sleeping beauty." She groans again and wraps the pillow she's laying on around her head. "C'mon, we're taking you somewhere." Just before Jocelyn could ask where, a loud yell came from the hallway. "I'M COMING!' I shift my eyes towards the door and find my Benja sprinting into the room, then jumping onto the lower part of Jocelyn's bed.

"Ow." Jocelyn says quietly through the pillow. She sits upand throws the pillow at Mitch who blocks the last second. "I have powers too remember." She laughs. "I know, I just thought you wouldn't remember to use them." We all laugh then fade away. It getssilent for a few minutes, then I stand back up and stretch. "Lez goooo!" I say extending the go because of a yawn. Mitch slaps Jocelyn's legs twice and agrees with me. "Get ready, Jocelyn" Jocelyn yawns and rubs her eyes, keeping the blanket at her collarbone. "Alright, I'll get ready for whatever you guys are going to throw at me."

{MItch's POV}

I'm so anxious to bring Jocelyn to Point Dume State Beach. We're pretty sure she'll love it because she told she never went to an actual beach before just for fun. Before we leave Jocelyn's room, Jerome and I lend some of our clothes for Jocelyn. Jerome gave her a red-orange plaid shirt, with an undershirt, while I gave her my old pantalones and a red jacket.

Jerome and I dash downstairs where Adam and the others were waiting. "Is she coming?" Jason asks. I take a deep breath before I speak, but instead I just nod. "Can't wait for Ty to come back today!" Adam says. Jerome takes a breath then says, "Yeah. It's been a while since we've seen Ty." "He might even bring his girlfriend with him. might." Ian points out. "Okay, Jerome, Jason, go get the chair and place it infront of the steps upstairs. Adam, Ian, Quentin, make sure to grab hold of the chair when we're bringing her down." By grab hold, I mean with our powers not with actual contact with the chair. Honestly, I don't know what we are doing. We just got together and decided to treat Jocelyn like she's a princess of powermoves. And since I'm the duke, she's mine.I can't beleive no one has figured that out.

Jason and Jerome take Jason's desk chair from his room and drag it to the top of the stairs. Jerome's head quickly looks up and he gives a thumbs up signaling Jocelyn's coming. From downstairs, I hear Jocelyn's voice speaking to Jerome and Jason. "What's this?" There was a slight laugh after her question. "Just something for the Princess of PowerMoves." Jerome gestures her to sit on the chair and she sits. Jocelyn's eyes widen when she sees the stairs infront of her. "Woah, woah woah, are you-" Jason cuts her off. "Enjoy the ride!" In unison, Jerome, Jason Adam, Quentin, Ian, and I all raise our hands towards the chair Jocelyn is sitting on. Jason and Jerome are holding her steady from behind. Adam and Ian hold up the left side. And the fish and I hold up the right side of the chair.

"Don't let go boys. We need all of us combined to keep it steady." I say. As if on cue, Adam sneezes on Ian who gets distracted and breaks their hold on the left side. Jocelyn screams and plumets onto the stairs. "Jocelyn!" I say in sync with Jerome and Jason. Luckily, Jocelyn was close enough to the end of the steps that she only hurts her leg. "Wow, thanks guys. I really," she groans as we help her sit upright. "I really enjoyed that." She says sacastically. "We're really sorry. It was an-" before Ian could finish his sentence we hear a low voice echo through th room. Jocelyn's eyes close and she facepalms. "Please don't tell me my dad is here." I look up and standing infront of our main entrance is a man with broad shoulders similiar to the onesa few days ago.

"He's here." Adam adds onto my answer. "And I'm pretty sure he saw everything with that expression on his face."