The Power Within: Chapter 14

{Jocelyn's POV}

They're now gone. Team crafted is no longer standing infront of me. An average sized two-story modern house stands with a medium sized stone porch along the entrance. There's marble columns holding up the the mini deck popping out from above, with a window being the only way in and out of there.

My father touches my shoulder and opens his mouth to say something, but I quickly move away and dash inside the house. "Jocelyn!" My dad's faded voice calls. I ignore him and jog up the white-black marble swirled stairs leading up to the main rooms.

I reach the top and feel the white carpet below my sneakers as I walk to my room. When I enter my room, I shut the door and lock it on the stomping of my fathers footsteps. I reach down and take off my shoes throwing them onto my cushioned spin chair, before hopping onto my bed.

"Jocelyn, flower, please open the door." My father knocks softly against the door while jiggling the doorknob. I remember what he told me before he snapped us back home. This is for your own good... Sure. For my own good.

"Jocelyn, open the-" He stops. I look up from my be and stare intensively at the door, wondering why my father was silent. All of a sudden, a slight click was heard and the door flung open.

"Look, Jocelyn, like I told you, this is for your own-" I cut him off and stand up from the bed. Heat and anger rush through my body as I stomp my way over to his tense body. "For my own good? Taking me away from my friends is what you you call good?! I just-" He cuts me off and looks away from my eyes. From me. "Look, I don't want you turning evil and becoming exactly like Ava." My voice becomes quiet and I narrow my eyes at him. "You just took away the people who made me feel free. Free for the first time, dad." My voice becomes louder. "Whenever I'm with you it's all about safety and controlling my powers. I never, ever, was able to be normal with you. You-"

"Enough, Jocelyn. I get it."

" Do you?" My voice shakes. "Have you ever been normal in your life?"

His voice is demanding and tense. "We are not normal people, Jocelyn. Get that through your head." He turns around and leaves without another word. Tears start to well up in my eyes and I throw myself onto my bed. I smush my face against the pillow and scream my anger and tears into it. I don't how I'm suppose to feel right now. So much emotions fill my body. Anger. Sadness. I don't know anymore.

His quote echos through my mind. We are not normal people...

{Jason's POV}

Jocelyn retreats from the hug and heads back to her father who whispers something to her. I couldn't read his lips enough to find out what he says. "She's actually gone. I can't believe it." Adam says wiping away tears. Jerome turns to Mitch and looks at him blinkingly. "I can't believe that kissing thing just happened." Mitch's cheeks start to turn pink and he closes his hands into fists. He wasn't going to punch us for asking, I know that.

"That was nothing." He starts. "I just- the first time I met Jocelyn's dad she had to lie and say I was her boyfriend that she was meeting, and...and we thought kissing each other would help convine her dad to let Jocelyn stay, but it didn't." Ian smirks. "Sure, dood." Mitch fake laughs and punches Ian in the arm. Quentin points his finger at Mitch. "Mitch likes Jocelyn." Everyone laughs except for Jerome and I.

I also have feelings for Jocelyn. I never knew Mitch did, or Jerome who appreantly kissed her last night. "C'mon leave my Benja alone." Jerome pats Mitch upperback and smiled. "Yeah, the only person I love here is my parmesoen lovin' bac." Mitch says laughing.

I sit down on the floor and fold my arms into my legs. "What are we going to do?" Everyone mostly shrugged and sat down with me. "I don't think there is something we can do." Adam answers. We sit there for a while just thinking of ideas to get Jocelyn back to us- back to me.

My eyes widen and I feel excitement running through my body. "There is a way. We can get her back." I stay serious and stand up wiping off my pants. "We have to go to her and help her escape." Ian stands and wipes his pants before he speaks. "And how do you expect us not to get caught by Jocelyn's dad?" His right eyebrow lifts and he stares at me waiting for an answer.

Before I could answer, Jerome does it for me. "We just, don't." Everyone gradually starts getting up and gathers around me. I start explaining what everyone needs to do and I can hear my heart eating fast to every idea that comes to mind.

"One problem," Quentin starts. "We don't know where she lives." I sigh knowing that's true. A smile creeps onto Mitch's face and he speaks. "I remember placing a tracker on Jocelyn's phone one day. We could try tracking her down using that." Jerome stares at him with narrow eyes. "Why would you- nevermind."

Adam claps his hands to get everyone attention. "Well, what are we waiting for? Lets go!"

{time lapse}

{Dang, this is a short chapter. OMFG. Two more days til Chapter One of Starting Over gets published. Also for the one and only Mitchell Hughes' 20th birthday c: Sorry for an mistakes! PEACESKIES}