The Power Within: Chapter 20

{Ty's POV}

(Before Jocelyn leaves with her dad)

I could be going crazy, but I'm pretty sure it got a hundred degrees colder inside the bathroom. Quickly, I stand up lifting my pants up and flushing the toilet, washing my hands after.

All of a sudden I hear a a loud thunder and the sound of tiny raindrops on the floor. I hurry out of the bathroom and see Jocelyn exit the house slamming the door shut.

Jason was facing the direction of the door soaking wet from the rain pouring from the gray cloud floating above him. Mitch and Ian were searching for paper towels to wipe the random puddles of water over the floor.

"Wh-what happened?" I said stuttering from the coldness of the air. "Jocelyn..." Jason pauses and faces me. His brown hair was drooping over his forehead covering his eyebrows with drops of water falling from the ends. "She's gone." He said looking towards the floor. "What do you mean gone?"

"I mean, she's separated from us again. Her dad sort of found out we took her away and now he has her back." The clouds above Jason's head become a lighter shade of gray and the rain is replaced with snowflakes.

Mitch and Ian come back with two rolls of paper towels in their hands and give some to Adam and Quentin. "Mitch,how much time, buddy?" Jerome asks looking up from the ground. "9:48" Mitch sighs along with Quentin.

"So , what's do we do now?" Ian asks sadly.

Quentin shakes his head before answering Ian. "I guess we wait." He says having a bleak expression across his face.

I look over at Jason, who's clouds finally faded away leaving him wet and trembling from the cold. His expression is absent when he shakes his head.

"No." I respond confused and cocking an eyebrow. "No?" Jason snaps back. "No, I'm not letting her leave us again." He dashes up the stairs leaving some traces of water behind him.

A few minutes later, we finish drying the floor and throw ourselves on the couch, crashing down at each others sides. Jason skips down the steps and has changed into dry clothes. Before any of us could even stand up to talk to Jason, he storms out the door and starts running. "He knows he could've used his car, right?" Ian says fixing his position. I nod.

"If he chooses to run after Jocelyn, nothing is stop-" I pause and feel a sharp pain flowing through my body. I have no clue what's going on. My body starts to feel weak and cold and I crash to the floor, blacking out to the faint voices calling my name.

{Jason's POV}

I can't lose her. Not again. Not this time. I repeat as I sprint to her house. Yeah, I could've used a car, but it would'nt seem as important. The sudden beep of my watch catches me off guard and almost get run over by a car. Luckily, I dodged it as it came closer. I look down at my golden watch and check the time. "10:00p.m." I whisper. My body fills with nervousness and fear, yet I'm still running .

Sighing in relief, I make it to Jocelyn's house and jog up the front stairs. Without knocking or ringing the door, I put my hand in front of me and push forward opening the door. I see Jocelyn sitting on her steps with a black strapless dress that ended around the middle of her thighs with a silver design starting near the stomach area. She also had black converse and a brooding expression upon her face.

Around the room, I see her father and two other people surround her from a distance and they throw their hands in front of them. A force field shimmering with light streaks forms around Jocelyn. I observe, but look in the direction of Jocelyn who is now facing me, but looks away when my eyes meet hers.

"Jocelyn.." My voice trails off as the force field pushes me backwards. I place my hands on the shield and attempt to push through. A ripple of light escapes my hands and moves throughout the shield. I increase the volume of my voice and yell, "Jocelyn!" I walk through again hoping that I wouldn't be pushed the opposite direction. I didn't.

The shield breaks away and Jocelyn, her father, and the other two have blinking expression. Jocelyn stands and I make my way to her. Behind me, I could here her father whispering angrily, "That's impossible. Nobody can pass through the unbreakable force spell. Not even me, and I'm one of the powerful casters."

Casters. Must be what they call themselves. "Jason, leave me alone.Lis-" I stop her. "No, I'm not going to leave. I'm sick and tired of listening to you and your family! For Pete's sake, you made it storm above my own head! No matter how much you or your family will put me through, I'm not going anywhere-" She interrupts me returning my loudness. "Why are you yelling at me?!"

"Because I love you!" I snap back. Tears start to blur my vision and I can see Jocelyn's eyes forming tears. Silence is all that's left. I relax. "I'm yelling because that's what people do when they're in love with someone... and I love you and only you." Teardrops fall onto Jocelyn's dress.

"I don't want to hurt you." She says her voice cracking. "I don't care if I'm hurt. I just one you to realize I'm here for you and someone -besides your father- loves you."

I feel a large hand over my shoulder and I turn to see Jocelyn's father staring right into my very soul. "Sir-" He makes an up sound that stops me. "No need for anymore words. Take her back. I don't protect her anymore...you do." I tiny smile crosses over me and I grab Jocelyn.

I begin to run, but she stops me. "Jason, grab my hand." I do as told intertwine my hand with hers. "Close your eyes." I close them. I hear a swooshing sound and I open my eyes, noticing how my surroundings have changed. "We're back." I look at her. "How.." i trail off not knowing what to end the sentence with.

"I told you already, there is a lot of things you don't know about me."

{Whoa, the fanfic is ending soon. Not now,but soon. It's been nice writing something similar to beautiful creatures. i really liked the movie. It messed with my feels so much. Anyways, leave a vote and/or a comment! And i'll see you in the next chapter. :D}