The Power Within: Chapter 19

{Jocelyn's POV}

"Hey, we should get going, Jason" I said getting up from the grass. "Yeah, we should." He responded grabbing my hand and intertwining his with mine.

"Guys," Jason said yawning right after. "Let's go." He nodded his head to the direction downhill and towards the car. Everyone groaned as they got up from the comfortable positions and followed Jason and I to the car. In the corner of my eye, Quentin jogs down and slows down when he reaches me.

"So, how long does this ceremony thing happen.?" I nudge Jason to check the time."9:08. So about 52 minutes left." Jason tells Quentin. "Oh." Quentin continues down the hill and regroups with the others, leaving Jason andI behind. "Hurry up, guys!" Ty enters the car and slams the door shut.

I feel Jason nudge me on the shoulder, slightly pushing me to the side. "Hey, why are you so upset all of a sudden?" He stops walking and stands in front of me waiting fro my eyes to meet his shining brown ones. "Because," I pause and decide to look straight into his eyes. God, they were amazing. "Soon I'll forget about you guys. I'll know longer be 'good'" I face the ground again.

"Jocelyn, you have to realize nobody can tell you who you will become. Good or bad. Dark or Light. You're still the Jocelyn I'll love. And I know you'll claim whatever you want." I shake my head and push back strands of hair. "Jason, you have to realize I can't claim. The darkness has been passed down to me. It's deep within. Although, I rarely show it, it's there."

"You're different, Jocelyn. You're not like the others." He cups his hands together and slowly opens them revealing a unique flower. "You're like a blue rose. Rare and original." I observe the flower more. "Jason, how did you-" The sound of the car horn cuts me off.

Ian pops out of the side window. Half of his body still inside the car. "Hurry up love birds!"

I feel myself and Jason blush. Jason closes his palm causing the flower to disappear in thin air. He once again grabs hold on my hand and takes me down the rest of the hill.

When we make it to the car, Jason opens the car door for me and I enter curtsying to him like I was some sort of princess. He laughs and closes the door shut, wrapping his arm around me right after.

After the engine roaring filled the silence, I decided to speak. "Turn the radio on." Jerome, who was in the passenger seat, reaches over to the radio and turns it on.

I began to quietly sing to Jason and myself.

So you want to play with magic?

Boy, you should know what your falling for.

Baby, do you dare to do this.

'Cause I'm coming at you like a dark horse.

Are you ready for, ready for.

A perfect storm, perfect storm.

'Cause once your mine, once your mine.

There's no going back.

The song ends there and switches to The Spark by Afrojack. Songs these days are just plain amazing, well at least some of them.

Anyways, we return back to the Team Crafted house and tiredly enter. Everyone crashes down on the couch and moans. "Mitch time?" Jerome says. Mitch grabs his red iPod and clicks it on. "9:18." The more I hear what time it is, the more I want to scream in fury. I'm just...afraid.

"So," Ian says extending the o. "Anyone want to record with me? We're gonna play some Dragon escape." Jerome shot up along with Quentin. "I'll record with you, buddy." Jerome volunteers. Ian heads back to his room followed by Jerome and Quentin. Leaving the rest of us there in a long silence.

"What do you guys want to do?" Adam says sitting upright. Mitch, Jason, and I shrug. "I sort of just want to place my feet in the pool and what the time pass by."

"You know what I want?" Jason says getting up. "Snow." I give Jason an are-you-serious expression just like Mitch and Adam. "What? I don't go to many places where it snows. Like, Texas and here." I smile at how enthusiastic he was just talking about snow. My eyes close and I clear my mind and jut think of the white specks falling from the sky.

Momentarily, I feel the room get colder and tiny snowflakes fall from the ceiling. Mitch and Adam gasp and Jason grins widely. Jason looks back at me and pulls me up. He looks into my eyes smirking. "How can I spend a lifetime without you surprising me all the time?" I laugh with my head arching back.

"Who turned the temperature to zero degrees..." Jerome, Ian, and Quentin walk down the steps and feel the snow. "How- who-" Quentin trails off and faces me. "I never knew you could do this, Jocelyn."

"There's a lot of things you guys don't know." I smile. All of a sudden, Jason crashes his lips on mine and places his hands on my hips. I wrap my arms around his neck and deepen the kiss. When we part, I rest my forehead on his and we breathe the same air. "You're my blue rose." Jason whispers.

"Jocelyn!" An angry demanding voice shouts. The snow comes to a stop an the last of the snowflakes hit the ground. I release Jason and turn around to see my father with a black expression. "What are you doing here?! I told you to never return to these boys until your destiny has been fulfilled. And you enchanted to your knob just to keep me from knowing. Why Jocelyn? I thought you knew better."

Anger and fury filled me. "I was just trying to escape your grip on me! I'm old enough to take care of myself! I am not a little girl anymore, father! I am not your flower!" After that I suddenly regretted what I have said. "Father, I-"

"Enough, Jocelyn. If you stay with these boys, your feelings you are growing with this one," He glared at Jason. "Will affect you and when or if your lose him, darkness will claim you and the anger will clear you mind on what's really important to you. You need to leave." I shook my head no. "I'm not leaving when I only have a few more min-"

"Say your goodbyes, Jocelyn." My father exits the house. I stand there with the snow melting beneath my feet. "Jocelyn..." Jason puts his hand on my shoulder, but I quickly move. "He's right, Jason." I don't face him. "There's no other way to keep me calm." He grips onto my wrist. "There has to be-" A clap of thunder is heard and a cumulonimbus cloud appears over Jason. "There is no other way!" I feel tears fall onto my cheeks. "Is this really necessary?" I don't reply. "Goodbye guys."

I exit the house into the dark night with my father. Dark gray clouds were forming and blocking the moon. "I knew you would-"

"No more, father. Let's just go." I wipe the tears off with the heel of my hand and the house disappears morphing into mine.

{They're separated again!? What?! anyways I've been getting on that fan fiction grind :D yey. alright, welllllll leave a comment and/or a vote! And see you in the next chapter.}